SEGA/Nintendo deal for Sonic includes next three titles

nachoscool

Outer Heaven Janitor Rank Z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generations and Colors were both good. As long as Sonic Team ports the Hedgehog Engine to the Wii U and brings Crush 40 in, it shouldn't be too bad.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really they're just mad that they didnt get their fancharacters included.

Also all the characters suck. They're just either like "too edgy" or basically the equivalent of bad fanfic characters. Like Shadow and Silver.

Like Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, maybe Big, they're alright. The rest are kinda shitty.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Also all the characters suck. They're just either like "too edgy" or basically the equivalent of bad fanfic characters. Like Shadow and Silver.

Like Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, maybe Big, they're alright. The rest are kinda shitty.

I can't take Big seriously. Especially since the same guy that voices Duke Nukem voices Big as well. I just crack up laughing each time I hear his voice in Sonic Adventure.

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I can deal with Shadow, I mean he was pretty much created to give Sonic an equal.. but Silver.. his design and backstory were taken from Trunks from DBZ.. just like the Super Transformation..

So if Tails, Knuckz and Shadow are at least around during the "story" I wouldn't mind.. I don't really want Amy whining every 5 mins again.. Nor do I want a lame cop-out villain that isn't Robotnik...

So hopefully this is more Adventure 1/2 and less 06 (Although I'm one of few who actually liked it despite it's problems)

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBQH, I wouldn't be surprised if we finally got our true Mario and Sonic crossover (one that isn't sports oriented.)
I mean, sure we had our brawl fun using Mario against sonic, but I'm ready to see something bigger and better~

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo just announced a new Sonic game exclusively for the Wii U subtitled Lost World as one of their partnership deals, but it doesn't only stop there but the deal includes the three next Sonic titles. Those titles are yet to be announced, so Olympic games spin-off is not one of them. The details of the three new games will be revealed in the few coming weeks, so stay tuned.

:arrow: Source:
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=202876

Do you think it's a positive thing for Nintendo/SEGA? Do you like this news? Discuss!

I beat I think sonic unleashed last, and I mean, it was ok, not really worth playing but I played it anyway. So I mean it depends on the game, if they would make another game like sonic adventure 1, it would be good. (But many ppl dont like those games.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that Sega of all companies are one of the most supportive of the wii U right now?

Considering that they were very fierce rivals back in the 90s, I find it rather ironic (but also a very good thing) that Nintendo and Sega teamed up like that. But again, not a bad thing, just unexpected.

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys think for a moment.
It's not "the next three Sonic games". It's the Sonic games they just announced. Lost Worlds 3DS, Lost Worlds Wii U, and the new Mario and SOnic.

This World Partnership could be as short as those three games, or it could last for years. This press release says nothing.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Generations did it right, and the superfluous characters only had cameos, which was good.
What he said. If they know what they're doing they'll build off this, and not the gimmicky crap that was Sonic & The Secret Rings or Sonic & The Black Knight. (Both Nintendo exclusives which were awful). I'll admit that Sonic Colors was decent, despite the unnecessarily childish design and name. I gave up on EXPECTING good Sonic games a long time ago, but I'm still HOPING.

On another note:
sonic meets mario galaxy? :blink:
I thought the same thing. Given the quality of the Mario Galaxy games, I'm thinking that might not be such a bad idea...

Reactions: Bladexdsl

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys think for a moment.
It's not "the next three Sonic games". It's the Sonic games they just announced. Lost Worlds 3DS, Lost Worlds Wii U, and the new Mario and SOnic.

This World Partnership could be as short as those three games, or it could last for years. This press release says nothing.
Did you even read this entire thread?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he said. If they know what they're doing they'll build off this, and not the gimmicky crap that was Sonic & The Secret Rings or Sonic & The Black Knight. (Both Nintendo exclusives which were awful). I'll admit that Sonic Colors was decent, despite the unnecessarily childish design and name. I gave up on EXPECTING good Sonic games a long time ago, but I'm still HOPING.

You haven't tried Sonic Generations have you? If you haven't, I highly recommend it. The best Sonic game since the Adventure series.B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?