SEGA/Nintendo deal for Sonic includes next three titles

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
World Map? Return to Mobius, or what's left of it?
SonicLostWorld610.jpg

Possible logo for 2014?
images
Part of "an exclusive worlwide partnership between Sega and Nintendo" Yay. "Sonic Lost World", and Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics crossover. AGAIN. Lost World will be exclusively on the 3DS and Wii U, while M&S 2014 is on the Wii U only. A 3DS release could be possible, but only a Wii U version was confirmed. Release dates unknown.
Lost World article on IGN
Sochi article on IGN

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys think for a moment.
It's not "the next three Sonic games". It's the Sonic games they just announced. Lost Worlds 3DS, Lost Worlds Wii U, and the new Mario and SOnic.

This World Partnership could be as short as those three games, or it could last for years. This press release says nothing.
They said that they will reveal info about the next three games in the coming weeks, so it can't be Lost Worlds or Olympic Winter games. And one more thing, if your theory is true, then they would've said 4 because Mario and Sonic will launch for the portable device (aka 3DS) just like every Olympic games.
EDIT: Looks like we were wrong, Sega confirmed that Lost World and Sochi Winter games are two of the three titles. The third is yet to be announced.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully 2K Games and 2K Sports will go exclusively to the Wii U as well. I'll have no need for EA games. With a considerable amount of luck the NFL won't renew it's exclusive license with EA Sports so 2K Sports can start making NFL games again.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that they were very fierce rivals back in the 90s, I find it rather ironic (but also a very good thing) that Nintendo and Sega teamed up like that. But again, not a bad thing, just unexpected.
As ironic as Nintendo and Sony teaming up to make a new console back in the 90's, now being in a rivalry trifecta with Microsoft?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest Colors was an "okay" game but it was still really not that awesome at all. Considering how neck and neck Mario and Sonic were in terms of quality to the gap in quality between Sonic Colors and Super Mario Galaxy, yeah it's not as good as people make it out to be I think.

Even the "good" Sonic games are basically just functional but mostly really bland almost on-rails platforming affairs with a lot of dumb chance placement of like spikes and shit. Ramp up speed to 11 then throw a wall of spikes that you just can't see unless you memorized the level.

Considering all the other awesome platformers coming to light (it looks like Rayman is back in action and better than ever), I don't think Sonic is a big deal.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sonic needs to be less story driven to succeed. also allowing or quick pick up and play mechanics would help too. (i.e: sonic 3 and knuckles which had saving on a simple platformer and dlc)

Reactions: chavosaur

Dr. Ivo Robotnik

All hail the Eggman Empire!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, this is highly regrettable. As someone fond of the Sonic franchise, but IMMENSELY unfond of the Wii U, I suppose this means I'll be skipping the next few instalments. I'm not buying a device I'll never touch again for a single franchise.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The last few Sonic games have been pretty good so it gives me hope that the series will continue to thrive on Nintendo systems. With how much crying studios have been doing over the Wii U, this partnership means a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun