Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did a search but since I searched 32x, nothing came up
tongue.gif

Just wondering if anybody knows any word of a 32x emulator, or since I'm not that geeky, I'm not sure if it's really a complicated task or not (To make one.) Or maybe a future update for Genesis Plus GX will support Sega32x? Sega CD would be dope as well, but 32x has Knuckles' Chaotix, which I love.

Haha, just wondering!
smile.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish there was my friend but not atm i would love to play that ecco ripoff shooter with that humming bird on it. and star wars arcade. and maybe time gal for sega cd.

D

Deleted-171178

Unless it's ported, then no.
The Wii is powerful enough, as the PSP can run it.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
First off I would prefer Sega/Mega CD support in Genplus first then 32X will be the next logical step!

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Too bad that eke-eke is still got the old (December 2008) genplus GX with ugly GUI on his source page! I'm sure he must be running an awesome Genplus with Mega CD/Sega CD support on his Wii..lol!

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah,this is a mystery to everyone....
But,I think he clarified several times that he does not intend to implement Sega CD support on his current emu.If I remember correctly,he said that Sega-CD support requires a tremendous amount of work (basically re-write some codes from scratch for the Wii) and he has a life....But that was 2 years ago ,so hopefully he might change his mind or has more free time this period of his life.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
there is no mystery, this is homebrew after all, people coding for free on their own free time so you get what you paid for.
And i don't think it's about "persuading people" but more about waiting for ones which have the ability to code emulators AND time to do it. If you can't wait, there is not much you can do beside learning & do it yourself ... or play with emulators on your computer. Harassing devs with the same requests again & again is NEVER going to work.

PS:
about 32x, there is no 32x emulator available which could be ported to the Wii, the only one is Gens and it is written in computer assembly (because it's more optimized this way) so indeed this would need to be written from scratch I guess, which make 32x emulation on Wii even less optimistic, considering it would need to be written in Wii assembly or use similar technique as the ones used by Wii64 team to run at playable speed.

Sega CD seems possible though, I actually tried to look into Picodrive code (which is the only sega CD emulator that is written in C and is portable) but it requires indeed a lot of work to get it working with current genplus code, at least I think because I can read and understand code but you also need someone who knows both emulators pretty well and knows how the Sega CD and Genesis internally worked (no, it's not as easy as copying code from one to another as a "plugin" like this other guy said he did), which is far out of my league
unsure.gif

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks Jacobeian for your input!Right now,Sega-CD emulation for Wii is 'wishfull thinking'...

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sega 32x/sega cd emulation just can't be added easily to Genesis Plus.... the pc version doesn't support those so there's no hope.

It's not like the real machine guys..... not plug and play
tongue.gif

Eke-eke need to either start from scratch or port a pc emulator to the wii.

Anyway I'm just repeating myself for the 10th time already.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which sucks. Hard. 'cause all I want to play is Knuckles' Chaotix and Sonic CD, I got the Genesis emulator and realized the only game I ever play is Sonic Spinball.

(Can you tell I like sonic? hmm.)

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played Knuckles' Chaotix once and I found it rather boring.... there's a Sonic 4 demo on sega genesis that is basically the same game.

I guess if VC was more popular.... nintendo and sega would release 32x game on virtual console.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
DunkrWunkah said:
panmusic said:
Thanks Jacobeian for your input!Right now,Sega-CD emulation for Wii is 'wishfull thinking'...
Actually 32x Emulation is wishful thinking. Sega CD Emu is possible.
How?
Do you have any ideas?
Or do you have a Sega CD emu in the works as your personal project?

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WolfChild and Sol Deace would be godly to play on the wii with epic CD soundtracks. OH and the sequel to Eternal Champions! (I own the actual game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...