Hardware Seeking a Slot 2 GBA device for Acekard

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2 and a DS Lite black. My hopes of finding a suitable GBA card that takes it's own SD card seem to be small, especially if I want something with decent near-perfect game compatibility. So I'll look into something that loads from a Slot 1 card instead.

Thse are the 2 devices I am currently considering-

EZFlash 3-in-1
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

M3 GBA Expansion Pack
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18873

The Rumble and RAM expansion are unimportant to me. If the M3 works with near-perfect compatibility, I wil save the extra cost. However, if no one is familiar with it, I'll buy the 3-in-1. RTC doesn't matter to me, I don't play the Pokemon series.

swiftZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Acekard2 and a DS lite(black) and also need a slot2 for gba games like megaman , yoshi's island, mario, pokemon etc. I am considering the ez-flashIV for myself and you young padawan

triften

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering my recent experience, I'd be hard-pressed to recommend the 3-in-1. I'm using it with EZ Flash V Plus to launch GBA ROMs with GBA ExpLoader, and it's extremely hard to keep saved games. All of my ROMs work, and sometimes they'll even save, but suddenly I'll just lose them for no reason.

Even when I launch ROMs natively through the EZ V kernel (which writes to NOR memory), saves are lost/corrupted. Doesn't make any sense. So far no means of launching GBA ROMs has been very effective, and I've tried both clean and patched ROMs.

kimit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3 in 1 is REALLY awesome when you have it setup with gba exploader and i haven't found a single game that doesn't work perfectly!

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triften said:
Considering my recent experience, I'd be hard-pressed to recommend the 3-in-1. I'm using it with EZ Flash V Plus to launch GBA ROMs with GBA ExpLoader, and it's extremely hard to keep saved games. All of my ROMs work, and sometimes they'll even save, but suddenly I'll just lose them for no reason.

Even when I launch ROMs natively through the EZ V kernel (which writes to NOR memory), saves are lost/corrupted. Doesn't make any sense. So far no means of launching GBA ROMs has been very effective, and I've tried both clean and patched ROMs.

I think I'll just pay the exra $10 for the bigger cartridge then. The 3-in-1's support, rumble and RAM boost are useless if you can't even save your progress reliably.

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DX is set up for Paypal only. Got this suggestion instead for a US seller. $10 more than DX, but I consider it worth that for no Paypal and being shipped from the US-

http://www.realhotstuff.com/ezflash-size-p-294.html

The reviews on DX show it has excellent game compatibility. Plus it uses it's own card instead of consuming my Acekard's SD resources and can be used as a standalone GBA cartridge. I have a blank 2 GB Micro SD and a Mini adaptor that's not being used.

triften

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diosoth said:
I think I'll just pay the exra $10 for the bigger cartridge then. The 3-in-1's support, rumble and RAM boost are useless if you can't even save your progress reliably.

Yeah, it seems like a shot in the dark. Some people swear by it, but in my research I've found a large percentage of others in my situation with unreliable 3-in-1 saving. The most promising lead I have is a dead battery, but that would mean it was dead on arrival...

I'm looking into a dedicated Slot-2 device for GBA ROMs, like the EZ-Flash IV Lite. I suggest you do the same if you want to play GBA as badly as me.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard with Akaio firmware has 3in1 support integrated. If you were to go with the M3 pack you should really stick with a M3 slot one.

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez man, stop bumping these 8 month old topics. This is like your 4th or 5th bump of a topic from January.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night