Searching for a user's threads/posts broken.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Previously to search for a user's threads or posts you just tell the forum to search in titles/content (not both) with the username as the creator, but that doesn't seem to be functioning right as it's returning threads the user never posted in at all, let alone created. When using the default option so search both titles and threads, then the search does return stuff the user made.

[strike]And before anybody mentions the tabs on profiles, those go back a very limited number. :P[/strike]
EDIT: Wait you can't even search for terms in them anyways. Disregard that last line.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The search is broken in so many ways it may as well need to be rewritten from scratch.
Unfortuantely, with over 5000 lines of code that's not something you do in a few minutes :sleep:

Makes you wonder why IPS even bothered making a search engine :lol:

Can't you use the "View Content" button on someone's profile btw?

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
That does the same thing as using the search function for both topics and posts (that works) it's searching for only one or the other that seems to fail. With just searching for posts it's not an issue (since the combo searches them as well), it's the thread-finding that's sorta'-broken by this since the threads actually made by the target won't be nearly as numberous as posts, and will be "drowned out", sorta'. Ihough I guess it's only an issue when searching for threads by me. XD I'll just google when I need to.

But yeah I guess forum search is like battery technology, it seem to be universally lagging behind the things it's used in.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Works for me
kFsW5.png

Reactions: 1 person

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's from the view my content (not view new content), like I stated above
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=244492

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol