Hacking Search For Cubic Ninja Copies (Post Most Recent In-Stock Findings Here)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paid 10$ for a sealed copy , and still feel like i overpaid , the shop had another copy, i already have a GW
but i want a new 3ds but most likely i will have to import it from AU ,i wonder if i can trade my US copy for a euro copy if i end up needing to import it and AU new3dsLL when the time comes

chaotix000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I must have found the last one in all of San Diego county last night. I live in El Cajon and drove all the way to Chula Vista after work. $5 and now I'm set and waiting. No one else had it. It was crazy trying to find one.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reserved 2 copies at different Gamestops in the area yesterday, just to have a backup plan in case one of them fell through. Picked up the one last night and was going to just let the other one go. Just called the other store today and they're still holding it! It's complete too, whereas the one I got last night is not the original case. Going to pick this up after work and probably sell the other one locally.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reserved 2 copies at different Gamestops in the area yesterday, just to have a backup plan in case one of them fell through. Picked up the one last night and was going to just let the other one go. Just called the other store today and they're still holding it! It's complete too, whereas the one I got last night is not the original case. Going to pick this up after work and probably sell the other one locally.

stupid Gs they told me there are no copies except one in the whole country their inventory system sucks

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i picked up 2 copies 1 for 6$ one for 39$. i was worried that the 6$ one would not be shipped but it did anyway. anyone looking for a copy for ~15$ contact me through pm, US only.

Reactions: fadeyt

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope no one buys your jacked-up game. It's worth $4.99. You are just trying to either profit from, or break even on, someone else's work.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

wut? 2 copies, one for 6 one for 39 , 39+6=45 , =22.50 per game
how is he "profiting" or breaking even?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one forced him to buy a game for $39. No one forced him to purchase more than just the copy that he needed. He had nothing to do with programming or developing the game, nor the exploit. He is just purchasing an item that will be in high demand, relying on desperation to turn a profit, or to cut his losses.

No one should be selling a copy of Cubic Ninja for double what it costs, far less triple, as he suggested.

Why should someone else have to pay $15 for a game that he bought for $6?

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am not profiteering, i just wanted to make sure i got a copy of my game and am selling off my copy for cheep compared to everyone else. if i really wanted to i could have shitted the game on too ebay for 50$.

supply and demand says the game WAS 6$ a few days ago but now its 39.99+, its how markets work.

fadeyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am not profiteering, i just wanted to make sure i got a copy of my game and am selling off my copy for cheep compared to everyone else. if i really wanted to i could have shitted the game on too ebay for 50$.

pm sent if you got it still I'll buy there's not one within 100 miles of me and i don't drive so that's way out of the way to try and find one what id pay in gas anyways evens out for me.

fadeyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what really sucks is someone like me that wants to play the game for no known reason lol, that's not interested in messing with the console they have has to play the inflation lol. oh well haha

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the reason for demonizing those who raise the price of the game to actual market value.

Would you list a car at 12.5% of its market value? :wacko:

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those in the US and don't mind driving around looking to get a copy, here's a list of store that sells video games that you may not think of:

Kmart
Sears
Big Lots
Kohl's
JC Penny
Macy's
Radio Shack

I was lucky to find a copy at one of the store (and a Wii U game called the Wonderful 101 for $6). :yay:

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same day the announcement came out, I reserved a used copy (for $4.99) at my local gamestop. Called today to make sure they still had it and they did - whooo hoooo. I traded in my Mario Kart Wii game (since it was collecting dust) for $10, so received around $5 back in credit. I thought they would have let it go due to demand but maybe I live in an area where 3DS homebrew isn't as popular.

There's also plenty of used copies in stock in my surrounding gamestops (~20-25 miles away) for $4.99

If anyone cares, I live around the Houston area of Texas (U.S.). Hope this helps.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone had any luck finding copies in the UK for non-extortionate prices? Best I've seen is a single copy on CeX for £2.50 that was snapped up AS I was making my purchase, and they've since bumped up the sell price to £60.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Watch it"?

Or what? LMFAO.

That was adorable of you.

Whether or not something is common is irrelevant. Wrong is wrong. I find it morally reprehensible to try to exploit someone else's work for one's own personal gain, without contributing anything except greed. We're supposed to be a community of gamers looking out for each other, not trying to skim as much off the top as we can.
True, but with the sort of response, I got from you, that's not what I'm getting from you.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but with the sort of response, I got from you, that's not what I'm getting from you.

I am giving away three copies of Cubic Ninja that I drove more than eighty miles round-trip to acquire last night, completely for free, to GBATemp users who perform a random act of kindness.

Do you require proof? I have proof.

First, here:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/price-gouging-and-scalping-is-wrong-lets-do-something-better.374369/

Then, here:

Proof.jpg

Reactions: eggsample

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am giving away three copies of Cubic Ninja that I drove more than eighty miles round-trip to acquire last night, completely for free, to GBATemp users who perform a random act of kindness.

Do you require proof? I have proof.

View attachment 12006
Does it justify the rather mean reply I got from you? Definitely not.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You weren't exactly pleasant in your rejection of my analogy, either, my friend. We've always gotten along just fine before.
I was shocked for said analogy, that's it.
I did not say "what is wrong with you or anything of the sort". With that, I am done disrupting the topic.

Reactions: Kurth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q