Hacking SDHC? whats the news?

inamo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a defective cycloDS and I was wondering if I should get the R4, wait for the m3dsReal, or get the supercard DS one. I like the R4 because its cheap and has cheats and stuff. but I would really like to have SDHC support, is there any news on the R4 getting it or was that just a hoax? I keep hearing that its not possible because of hardware issues and some others say its possible and hardware has nothing to do with it. I don't know who to believe.
wacko.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a defective cycloDS and I was wondering if I should get the R4, wait for the m3dsReal, or get the supercard DS one. I like the R4 because its cheap and has cheats and stuff. but I would really like to have SDHC support, is there any news on the R4 getting it or was that just a hoax? I keep hearing that its not possible because of hardware issues and some others say its possible and hardware has nothing to do with it. I don't know who to believe.
wacko.gif

Why would it be a hoax?

We don't even know if the R4 team is gonna add it to the R4DS, but they said that they were going to add SDHC support into the next FW update.
If you're just interested in SDHC support, just wait until the next FW is released then.

By the way, do you have an MicroSDHC?

~Nero

gamez2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a defective cycloDS and I was wondering if I should get the R4, wait for the m3dsReal, or get the supercard DS one.  I like the R4 because its cheap and has cheats and stuff.  but I would really like to have SDHC support, is there any news on the R4 getting it or was that just a hoax? I keep hearing that its not possible because of hardware issues and some others say its possible and hardware has nothing to do with it.  I don't know who to believe.
wacko.gif

Why would it be a hoax?

We don't even know if the R4 team is gonna add it to the R4DS, but they said that they were going to add SDHC support into the next FW update.
If you're just interested in SDHC support, just wait until the next FW is released then.

By the way, do you have an MicroSDHC?

~Nero

Yea those little buggers burn a hole in your pocket
tongue.gif

Anyway I would think the R4 team will release a SDHC version of the R4 either being a firmware upgrade or hardware change its most likely to happen soon with the new update spose to be comming out soon.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
The SDHC thing was not a hoax, but maybe they spoke too early.
Most people think (after analyzing the PCB & components) that it's going to be impossible to add SDHC support to the current generation of R4.
We don't have much information about SDHC on R4 anyway so I wouldn't count on it.

maxpowersin

Trophies
XP
Country
India
It's true that SDHC cards are super costly right now. But I am sure that the prices will go down in a couple months. This is the thing with electronics.

I bought a Sony Ericsson's k750 phone for 400 dollars. After 1 yr the price of the same phone is 200. Just to give you an example.
smile.gif

In any case the Cyclo has more features right now. Let's see what the next firmware update brings to the r4!

I personally am very doubtful about SDHC compatibility in r4 because I thought that was a hardware thing?

P.S Hey Costello, my warn level has still not gone down.
frown.gif
Can I do something about it. I am being super nice to people btw
wink.gif

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If R4 doesn't ever get SDHC support it will eventually be out-fazed. So let's hope for the the team and our sake it will happen.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I still think the R4 Team is pulling a fast one. By releasing the new card which are SDHC compatible and screwing over all the people who have 1st gen units IMO.

The M3DS Real is out BTW. Its on DX

Electricview

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If R4 doesn't ever get SDHC support it will eventually be out-fazed. So let's hope for the the team and our sake it will happen.

Just like everything else in the world.. hasn't the R4 been out a year now? thats a pretty damn good life run.. eventually the DS will be phased out, weather its by a DS 2 or whatever.. New tech allways rules.

dslate69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think the R4 Team is pulling a fast one. By releasing the new card which are SDHC compatible and screwing over all the people who have 1st gen units IMO.

The M3DS Real is out BTW. Its on DX
Did Nintendo pull a fast one when they released the DS Lite instead of a firmware update to the DS to make it smaller, brighter and have a longer battery life?
If SDHC is only possible on the R4 gen 2 (which nobody has confirmed), how is that screwing anybody over?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a good chance there won't be any more updates for the R4 or CycloDS for that matter as there have been major busts of chip makers in Hong Kong. It is possible the R4/CycloDS teams are either in jail or dead.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY