Hacking SD2Vita and QCMA BackUp

panther666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Try to restore backup when microSd mounted as ux:0 (without original card) and have an error С1-2755-9 (cant restore backup from archive).
Tried to make backup of ux0 (sd2vita), make it normaly, but when i've tried to restore it - catch same error.
Can i restore my QCMA backups to SD2VITA microsd?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this all that's needed, but backup your micro sd normally. then, backup ur0:shell/db/app.db and ur0:appmeta .

edit: btw, backing up the micro sd is all that's really needed. the system will rebuild the database from there. in case something goes wrong, make a backup of the micro sd.

Last edited by godreborn,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the driver may need an update. I've not tried installing a qcma backup to the micro sd card. there r a few areas where it doesn't work (vita shell usb transfer for example). I'm not entirely sure if it's the driver, but it does seem to have bugs.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't be trying to restore whole memory backups from an original memory card to a SD2VITA anyways... A backup restore deletes any newer files added after the backup was made, it would perhaps break your whole setup, think of it as a "screenshot" where any newer drawed lines would get removed since they weren't in the original screenshot.

Instead people should be doing normal game backups, they seem to backup and restore just fine via qcma

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally made a backup of each game, on top of a full qcma backup (when I owned memory cards :P) along with a manual backup of the folders for my usb drive and micro sd card. I stored all of that on two or three hdds, so they're safe. op, u may have to reinstall all of your games. the saves are probably lost. they're stored here ux0:user/00/savedata .

wait a minute, u might be able to recover your stuff by using the psvimg tools. reinstall the game content with ux0:app and the save data from the aforementioned location.

Last edited by godreborn,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me the steps in restoring a backup game. I know how to back it up. What’s the proper way to delete the game and then restore it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can delete the game from the livearea. that would be the easiest way. restore via qcma or the normal nonpdrm method (i.e. dump game in ux0:app, then refresh livearea inside of vita shell).

Reactions: laz305

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can delete the game from the livearea. that would be the easiest way. restore via qcma or the normal nonpdrm method (i.e. dump game in ux0:app, then refresh livearea inside of vita shell).
Is there an easy way to find out what’s the name of the game file? So I can double check I have it backed up before deleting it. And do you know if I backup a game and then update it and when I back it up again I select skip overwrite. Will it backup the update?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, it's all or nothing, so the game, update, dlc, and save will all be backed up together. dex can backup just the save, but I think everything else must be backed up together, which it will do automatically. I'm not sure of an easy way to tell what's what without just looking it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!