SD2Vita and QCMA BackUp

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by panther666, Aug 23, 2017.

1. panther666
    OP

panther666 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Try to restore backup when microSd mounted as ux:0 (without original card) and have an error С1-2755-9 (cant restore backup from archive).
    Tried to make backup of ux0 (sd2vita), make it normaly, but when i've tried to restore it - catch same error.
    Can i restore my QCMA backups to SD2VITA microsd?

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I'm not sure if this all that's needed, but backup your micro sd normally. then, backup ur0:shell/db/app.db and ur0:appmeta .

edit: btw, backing up the micro sd is all that's really needed. the system will rebuild the database from there. in case something goes wrong, make a backup of the micro sd.

Last edited by godreborn, Aug 23, 2017
  3. panther666
    OP

panther666 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    i dont have an original card at this moment, i have clear vita + qcma backups only... :(

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the driver may need an update. I've not tried installing a qcma backup to the micro sd card. there r a few areas where it doesn't work (vita shell usb transfer for example). I'm not entirely sure if it's the driver, but it does seem to have bugs.

5. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    You shouldn't be trying to restore whole memory backups from an original memory card to a SD2VITA anyways... A backup restore deletes any newer files added after the backup was made, it would perhaps break your whole setup, think of it as a "screenshot" where any newer drawed lines would get removed since they weren't in the original screenshot.

Instead people should be doing normal game backups, they seem to backup and restore just fine via qcma

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I personally made a backup of each game, on top of a full qcma backup (when I owned memory cards :P) along with a manual backup of the folders for my usb drive and micro sd card. I stored all of that on two or three hdds, so they're safe. op, u may have to reinstall all of your games. the saves are probably lost. they're stored here ux0:user/00/savedata .

wait a minute, u might be able to recover your stuff by using the psvimg tools. reinstall the game content with ux0:app and the save data from the aforementioned location.

Last edited by godreborn, Aug 24, 2017
  7. laz305

laz305 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    Can someone tell me the steps in restoring a backup game. I know how to back it up. What’s the proper way to delete the game and then restore it?

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you can delete the game from the livearea. that would be the easiest way. restore via qcma or the normal nonpdrm method (i.e. dump game in ux0:app, then refresh livearea inside of vita shell).

laz305 likes this.
  9. laz305

laz305 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    Is there an easy way to find out what’s the name of the game file? So I can double check I have it backed up before deleting it. And do you know if I backup a game and then update it and when I back it up again I select skip overwrite. Will it backup the update?

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    afaik, it's all or nothing, so the game, update, dlc, and save will all be backed up together. dex can backup just the save, but I think everything else must be backed up together, which it will do automatically. I'm not sure of an easy way to tell what's what without just looking it up.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted