Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
That's weird, because there's nothing in the context of the sentences that would justify capitalizing that stuff (it might be a weird Japanese quirk).

Never mind. I will try to remove meaningless capitalizing from now on. Thanks a lot.

I came up with a quick solution for the first one you posted:

$s20何言ってんの!$n実戦ならアンタは死んでんのよ!$n
$s20Say what!$nIf this was real,you'd already be dead!

Thanks for the recommendation. That's useful.

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:
Working on C-2 at the moment in a document. Not gonna insert the translation into the hex editor yet until I get confirmation from Izzul.

Confirmation of what? Anyway, if you send me the the translation and the corresponding Japanese lines, I can edit them for you, like I'm doing for PiQue's stuff.

Thanks for the recommendation. That's useful.
I've got potential improvements to the other lines. One is three characters shorter than the Japanese text, the other is one character longer. I dunno if that'll sort itself out:
$s20この1号機の調整だって$nまだ俺用になってないじゃないか!$n$eこれはプログラマーの$nお前の責任だぞ!ルシエ!?$n
$s20The mechanic's no.1 job$nis fixing it. Duh!$n$eIt's the programmer's responsibility,$nisn't it?! Lucille!?

$s20ハハハ!$nお前達はいつもその調子だな?$n$e仲良くやらないと俺は倒せんぞ!$n
$s20Ha ha ha!$nAre you two always like that?$n$eAlways happily getting along!$n

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Confirmation on the need to use $s20/$s100 for all sentences. As you know, some lines just can't fit in properly no matter how short you tried unless you delete these. Since Izzul has shown that he edited 4 files in his last update, I think I should consider what he did with his translation. Wouldn't want different style between inserted lines from different translation. If he opted to include $s20/$s100 in all his works so far, I will adapt my completed file (since it's just one atm) and spend a few hours to alter them while allowing me to proceed without problem in the next stage file.

I thank you for the offer to proofread my work too. No offense as I'd like someone to check my work too since it's not my primary language. If Izzul/crashman gives the greenlight, I'll gladly share them (in google doc form) for proofreading. Due to my past experience in the other project, I feel like I should be more careful. I hope you can understand my view.

Reactions: PiQue_MajorCooke

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hello guys, since I am not much good at Japanese..
(I used translation engine too help out with my works)

So my translation speed will be quite a bit slow.
And perhaps there are someone here who have good Japanese-English language skill want to help
but don't want to do Hex Editing or Hacking works..

I might post some Japanese for help here.

Feel free to help out if someone want to.. :D

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Confirmation on the need to use $s20/$s100 for all sentences. As you know, some lines just can't fit in properly no matter how short you tried unless you delete these. Since Izzul has shown that he edited 4 files in his last update, I think I should consider what he did with his translation. Wouldn't want different style between inserted lines from different translation. If he opted to include $s20/$s100 in all his works so far, I will adapt my completed file (since it's just one atm) and spend a few hours to alter them while allowing me to proceed without problem in the next stage file.

Did I understand correctly that $s20/$s100 can be safely removed but we choose NOT to removed them?

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad. It's cannot be sort out itself. But thanks anyway.

Here's some tweaks to those lines. They might work better:
$s20この1号機の調整だって$nまだ俺用になってないじゃないか!$n$eこれはプログラマーの$nお前の責任だぞ!ルシエ!?$n
$s20The mechanic's no.1 job$nis fixing it. Duh!!$n$eIt IS the programmer's responsibility,$nisn't it?! Lucille!?$n
(The capitalized "IS" is there for emphasis.)

$s20ハハハ!$nお前達はいつもその調子だな?$n$e仲良くやらないと俺は倒せんぞ!$n
$s20Ha ha ha!!$nAre you two always like that?$n$eJust happily getting along!$n

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Pique: No. Just "me" instead of "we" for that one as far as I know.

I don't want to do double the work again when I finished translating a file (without $s20/$s100 etc) and all of a sudden, I need to adjust all my lines again, inserting $s. It may look simple but it will take me a couple of hours to edit them again and make sure they're correct in-game. Those $s codes give out the sense that the character are actually talking instead of the whole dialogue text appearing at once, which made me thinks it's an important essence of this game.

Therefore, if Izzul/Crash did their work by including these codes. Yeah, I will adapt it as I mentioned in the previous post and that will clear my doubt for the next stages.

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, PiQue, here' a fix for the other line you provided earlier:
$s20何言ってんの!$n実戦ならアンタは死んでんのよ!$n
$s20Say what!$nYou'd be dead now in a real battle!$n

I think it probably broke earlier because the $n at the end of your translated version didn't get copied, so I forgot to take it into account.

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Managed to get into Break Trigger and Win/Lose condition now. So glad.

BreakTrigger.JPG
WinLoseCondition.JPG

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think "Quest unit" should be "Guest unit" (assuming you're talking about controllable allies on the map here) - at least that's how it's been translated in most of the English FAQs.

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some potential edits for [user]Izzul[/user]:

Update:28/8/2014

"Left of Right" should be "Left or Right"

"Infin.MP" should be "Inf. MP," but that depends on character limits.

"Gundam: 00" looks like you used two "O"s instead of "0"s, but that might be the font in that section.

Not sure if Izzul needs to worry about these, since CrashmanX and BreakTemp are working on A stages, but I'll do them anyway.

If it's safe to go below the character limit, I suggest "Amuro defeats Gene" for the break trigger and "Amuro defeats Gene using the beam saber" fits the character limit for the challenge mission trigger.

"All Enemies Defeat" should be "Defeat all enemies." On the second line, "Important" shouldn't be capitalized and "Quests" should be "Guests".

Update(10/9/2014):
Hello guys!!!miss me already???here some update
Some picture from prologue stage
eyIeAHrxj

Possible hex corrected version: $s20This signal...$nit's... the World Signal!!$n

f0evaP8Gj

"Unit" shouldn't be capitalized.

exxj3g8nj

eygDDegtj

A potential fix for this: $s20Da-Damn!!$nThe ELS have spread here!$nWhat's the Federation doing over here!$n

kpWD1LPwj

Potential fix: $s20We have to see that this is important!!$nI will stop it!$n

kqa0RPDrj

Possible fix: $s20This fight... it's not right!!$n

f0naz3Jaj

Possible fix: $s20We have to save everyone!!$n

exkU16xgj

Possible fix: $s20I have to show the world...$nthe hope and the future$nahead of us...$n

p1cGkkzxj

Possible fix: $s20To stop them...$nWe have to fight them!$n

'
idUsF1G6j

Possible fix: $s20What!?$nYou plan to interact with the ELS$nSetsuna?$n

hl7PLq6jj

Possible fix: $s20This meeting of universes.....$nwarriors caught in a battle$nthat never happened.....$n

f09hlqyJj

Possible fix: $s20Hey....$nEveryone please stop!!$nWhy are you attacking your allies!?$n

iqTOTt5Dj

Possible fix: $s20W-What's going on? Why...$nWhy are you all attacking me?$n

It would be nice to know if going under the character limit didn't break things, but I suspect it will without programming wizardry.

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Whew, been a bit busy for the past few days/weeks...time to check out this thread.

Bucky699

Hmm...well, how about starting on the Rank-D Stages ?

Also, I believe everyone working on this translation will only release a patch when all of the mission text is translated.

CrashmanX

Yeah, some of the G-Gundam attacks are text heavy.

AdanK85

Ha, one-hit KO cheat ?

Once you max out your tension in this game...you can one-hit KO just about everything ^_^"

Yeah, I believe I unlocked a Gundam Age Season-2 Pilot and Mobile Suit...which i think could be a secert pilot/unit.

Also, very impressed with the speed of your progress on the Rank-C Stages !!

PiQue_MajorCooke

Nice, always great to hear that my saves are compatible with your work.

Really happy to see that you are sharing photo's of your progress !!

Your progress on the Rank-B Stages is looking nice ^_^"

CleanSweep

Ah, always nice to see an interested party member join up !

Thanks for your assistance with the translation ^_^"

NicoBlogs

Ha ha, I am sure you are itching to share this translation on your blog !!

Thanks for the continued support and motivation.

Bucky699

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea well if people working on Rank-D want to send their translated text my way for english and gramma correction i can do that, not a jap speaker myself so cant help with the translating but i can certain translate bad english into better english haha

DeltaDragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering: Could we just get a menu/unit/pilot/etc patch released first before any sort of story patch is done? If I recall the menus are mostly translated as is, as well as a majority of all the other non-dialogue or story text. I, personally, could play the game without the story translated, but the menus being translated would be a nice thing to have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY