Hardware sd card port issue

PHOENIXG0D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
Here is Picture Ground (black) is worked when i put wire but others i don't know what's problem

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_110356.jpg
    IMG_20200728_110356.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 467
Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here is Picture Ground (black) is worked when i put wire but others i don't know what's problem

Not all the pins are connected, also others that might not be bad looking might still have bad connection, I've seen this before.

I have personally sent my switch off to get a high-quality replacement done instead of bodge wires there are members of the community who can do that

pizzaboy127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi guys, I was replacing the sd slot and this happened, I need help please u u

Attachments

• 521EAF3E-AB7C-4416-8981-D3AED7CE2ABE.png
    521EAF3E-AB7C-4416-8981-D3AED7CE2ABE.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 255

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-sd-card-alternative-points.579623/

Good place to start. Your sense pin is the one that's missing. As long as the others are fine you could either solder a jumper wire from the test pad to the SD board as a quick fix or tie that point to ground to make the Switch think there's always an SD inserted. There is a good chance some other pins are damaged and just haven't detached from the connector yet though, which would require more jumper wires. Could also swap the connector itself if you have the skills and tools.

Reactions: pizzaboy127

pizzaboy127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-sd-card-alternative-points.579623/

Good place to start. Your sense pin is the one that's missing. As long as the others are fine you could either solder a jumper wire from the test pad to the SD board as a quick fix or tie that point to ground to make the Switch think there's always an SD inserted. There is a good chance some other pins are damaged and just haven't detached from the connector yet though, which would require more jumper wires. Could also swap the connector itself if you have the skills and tools.

Thanks for the response, it seems like the other pins are fine, I just need to solder a wire to the SD board but, where?

Last edited by pizzaboy127,

charliem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello!

Can you tell me, why some pins are not marked with a colour? Are they without a function?

And this two ground pads are not taking the solder, you know why?

Attachments

• IMG_20221030_092040.jpg
    IMG_20221030_092040.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by charliem,

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hello!

Can you tell me, why some pins are not marked with a colour? Are they without a function?

And this two ground pads are not taking the solder, you know why?
Every colour is a needed pin for the sd card to function well, the black ones and the not marked are gnd (ground) and the triangle shaped ones you marked are ground too, if you pay some closer look they are in the ground area.

Edit: So out the 16 pins of the fpc connector you only need 8 (the 7 colored and any ground you can use). So as long as any ground point is connected to the external module you should be alright.

charliem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Every colour is a needed pin for the sd card to function well, the black ones and the not marked are gnd (ground) and the triangle shaped ones you marked are ground too, if you pay some closer look they are in the ground area.

Edit: So out the 16 pins of the fpc connector you only need 8 (the 7 colored and any ground you can use). So as long as any ground point is connected to the external module you should be alright.

Hello. Thank you for the answer.
After i soldered the connector on the board, and check the contacts, all seems good. But when i plug in the sd card, i got a short circuit on the orange contact. What can be the problem, or is this normal? Only if i plug in a sd card, the contact reacts with the ground on any sd card.
And after i tried to boot, this failure on the picture cames up. Can a broken sd card slot cause this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20221101_150917.jpg
    IMG_20221101_150917.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by charliem,

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
From what i can tell from the picture the last testpad (from top to bottom) is hitting ground, you should clean it up before doing anything else and remember to not use mich solder, if your wire is thin you don't need much soldering. Also pleaso follow Mattyfrog pinount, because while the one from the OP is correct is not complete.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/about-the-microsd-card-connector.523130/#post-8382640

charliem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So it is normal or not, that the orange contact hits the ground after plug in a sd card?

EDIT: It works. Now it was a software problem. Maybe it was a softwareproblem from beginning?
A time ago i give the switch to a mobile shop to repair,because of a loose pin at the fpc connector on the board. i let them change the whole connector. it worked, but weeks ago it stopped working. Cant remember the failure text, but i thought it was the fpc connector for the sd card reader again. so i started soldering and learned much about this. had to happen this way.
Now i know, that i never should have change the whole fpc connector on the board, because of a loose pin, it is also possible to solder the pin back again.

But nevertheless, i would like to know, if it is normal or not, when the orange contact hits the ground after plug in a sd card.
What function is in this procedure?

Last edited by charliem,

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I assume that the pressure of the sd module is making that orange pin to bridge to the ground, so i would recommend maybe isolate your repair with some insulation tape.

charliem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only if i put in the sd card. if the sd card is not in the reader, there is no reaction with the ground. And why is it still working? Have to check the sd card reader, if this is not normal.
What is the function of this contact?
Got to look over it again.

Attachments

• contact.jpg
    contact.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by charliem,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if i put in the sd card. if the sd card is not in the reader, there is no reaction with the ground. And why is it still working? Have to check the sd card reader, if this is not normal.
What is the function of this contact?
Got to look over it again.

That connect to one of the pin of the SD card flex

SD_Connection.jpg

charliem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ich changed the sd card port. Now there is no reaction with the ground.
What function does the red wire have? Is this ground?

I mean this connection here:

Attachments

• IMG_20221113_124936.jpg
    IMG_20221113_124936.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 51

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme