[ScVi] I discovered how to make Perfect Shiny Sandwiches. Help me figure out more recipes.

The_Time_Is_Nigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THREAD PRESERVED FOR POSTERITY, BUT PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO FOR BETTER RECIPES!

You read that right. Look at these boosts.
2022112209163200-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

Because the Encounter Power matches the Sparkling Power, you're going to find more of a particular type of Pokemon, and that type of Pokemon will have a VASTLY increased chance to be shiny. In my experience, the chance seems to be similar to that of PLA, and I don't even have a shiny charm. Not only that, but there's even an increased chance of your shinies having a mark due to the Title Power increase!

"But TTiN," I hear you saying "I don't want to make sandwiches!"

And I felt that. But what if I told you that I'm going to show you how to make sandwiches with 3 ingredients, and that you don't even need to put the top piece of bread on it?

c7ig0x34k90a1.png

Thank you to Nanikos for showing me a much easier way!

And here's a list of the raids that can drop the Salty Herbs, since you'll need a lot. While there's other herbs required in some of these recipes, they're so few and far in between that you'll generally be able to get them through shared drops while farming the requisite salty herbs.

Salty Herba Mystica Mons2.png

And just for good measure, for those of you on hacked switches, I've included .txt versions of my sandwich list, as well as lists of all raids that can drop each herb. You can use the Tesla overlay txt viewer for quick referencing of it while you're playing the game, like so:
20221122_045349.jpg

Anyways, good luck on your hunts and have fun! TTiN out.

Attachments

• Sandwiches.txt
    4 KB · Views: 136
  • Sour.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Bitter.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Sweet.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Spicy.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Salty.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by The_Time_Is_Nigh,

Nanikos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just saying there's an easier way with less ingredients

To get the sparkling power all you need is 2 herbs of any kind.
I was testing all sorts of things the other night because I wanted to figure out exactly how everything works with the sandwiches.

From what I can tell, the filling you choose changes the typings for the 3 powerups.
And the condiments changes your powerups.

Having 2 or more herba does not change the outcome at all. Only use two otherwise you are just wasting them.

1668496622054.png

I also tested with just a singular one and you get other typings that come with the same filling aswell.
Some examples.

PIckle - (Fighting, Flying, Normal)
Basil - (Fire, Grass, Water)
Lettuce - (Grass, Fighting, Normal)

And if you use just a single filling with 2 herba, whatever the first type is seems to take priority for all three spots.

(Pickle with 2x Herba will always give Fighting for all 3 slots)
(Basil with 2x Herba will always give Fire for all 3 slots)
(Lettuce with 2x Herba will always give Grass for all 3 slots)

Other than that, I'm not sure how the game calculates what typing to give each slot and which powerup for each slot if you mix and match multiple different fillings and herbas. It seems wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to complex to figure out just based on trial and error alone.
1668496769755.png

Last edited by Nanikos,

The_Time_Is_Nigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying there's an easier way with less indigents.

To get the sparkling power all you need is 2 herbs of any kind.
I was testing all sorts of things the other night because I wanted to figure out exactly how everything works with the sandwiches.

From what I can tell, the filling you choose changes the typings for the 3 powerups.
And the condiments changes your powerups.

Having 2 or more herba does not change the outcome at all. Only use two otherwise they are going to waste.
View attachment 337596
Yeah I just edited that in after further testing. I did put the cheats there so nobody wastes their own in testing this

Nanikos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I just edited that in after further testing. I did put the cheats there so nobody wastes their own in testing this
Aha yeah that's pretty handy. Already gave myself 999 of like everything manually through cheat engine last night just to test these things.

When I get back home tonight I'll likely resume testing. I've pretty much just been doing single fillings + 1x and 2x of each herba to see which typing it gives and powerups to try and find some more patterns in how the system works.

Because yeah mixing matching multiple fillings and condiments just give you endless results and there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern right now as to how the game calculates those things.

The_Time_Is_Nigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried a single filling (banana) and it turned out disastrous. Not sure how you're getting 3* sandwiches with a single filling lol

ergerger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the huge info. How did you guys get the herba for the sandwiches? Everytime I go back to the titan cave, either the cave is blocked off or I can't find anything. Is there somewhere it can be bought?

The_Time_Is_Nigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the huge info. How did you guys get the herba for the sandwiches? Everytime I go back to the titan cave, either the cave is blocked off or I can't find anything. Is there somewhere it can be bought?
5* raids, my bad, forgot to mention that

ergerger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much!! this is a bit random but do you know anything about how to get the rotom forms?

Nanikos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just tried a single filling (banana) and it turned out disastrous. Not sure how you're getting 3* sandwiches with a single filling lol
Are you putting just a singular one on the actual sandwich?

Because all I'm doing is selecting a single pickle filling, and then putting all 3 pickles on the sandwich with the 2 herbas and that's it. Don't need bread or anything either.

(I have noticed even if you just have one filling selected, if you only put like 1 pickle on the sandwich itself it won't give you the sparkling effect, it like actually downgrades lmao. Placing all 3 pickles on the sandwich is like essential)
Post automatically merged:

Thank you so much!! this is a bit random but do you know anything about how to get the rotom forms?
Same way that you obtain the items that change the legendaries forms like arceus, dialga, palkia ect when transferring them from pokemon home.

You go to the auction shop in porto marianda once you've caught rotom and there's an NPC there that will auction you the rotom catalogue.

ergerger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The auctions, but let's not derail this thread. I think I saw a general question thread somewhere.
Thank you so much! Once I get the sandwiches, I'll hunt for shinies, document the odds, and post them here.

Because all I'm doing is selecting a single pickle filling, and then putting all 3 pickles on the sandwich with the 2 herbas and that's it. Don't need bread or anything either.

(I have noticed even if you just have one filling selected, if you only put like 1 pickle on the sandwich itself it won't give you the sparkling effect, it like actually downgrades lmao. Placing all 3 pickles on the sandwich is like essential)

Same way that you obtain the items that change the legendaries forms like arceus, dialga, palkia ect when transferring them from pokemon home.

You go to the auction shop in porto marianda once you've caught rotom and there's an NPC there that will auction you the rotom catalogue.
Thank you!

Last edited by ergerger,

takeshino

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is incorrectly posted or anything, i made an account just to share
I found making this sandwhich fairly simple to build if you get the ingredient as theyre all flat.

For 3x Normal (Sparkling, Title, Item. I havent worked out encounter yet)

I used
Tofu, Rice, Cheese, Pickles
+ 1 Spicy Herba Mystica, 2 Bitter Herba Mystica. though I tested this before knowing we only need 2

SCRATCH THIS
did it with 1x tofu and the 1 spicy and 1 bitter herba, it gave me 3x Sparkling, Title and Item
1x rice also had the same effect

Last edited by takeshino,

The_Time_Is_Nigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah yeah I just tried it. Didn't see + to progress

tutucoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the new recipes dont give encounter power anymore?

the new recipes dont give encounter power anymore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on...