Hacking Screwed up my 3ds a9lh -> boot9strap

Dogmj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, I'm very sad and confused with my 3Ds. I have an old 3DS XL 11.5.0-38U and decided to update from arm9 to the new b9s, I've been following 3ds guide as I always do paying close attention to every detail (https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s) On section IV when it asks to update the system it gave me an error, my DNS was set to auto so I followed the CTRtransfer tutorial. Downloaded all the files and stuffs and when I had to reboot it gave me the error "failed to get the ctrnand firm". After that I tried to transfer the ctrnand again and the error disappeared but all my games were gone and I got 2 blank apps on my home screen, what did I do wrong? On section II - 20 (https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer) it told me to update the system but that still does not work so I stopped there. What should I do?
Thanks a lot for reading, hope we can fix my issues, I love my 3ds and I must save him :(

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I'm very sad and confused with my 3Ds. I have an old 3DS XL 11.5.0-38U and decided to update from arm9 to the new b9s, I've been following 3ds guide as I always do paying close attention to every detail (https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s) On section IV when it asks to update the system it gave me an error, my DNS was set to auto so I followed the CTRtransfer tutorial. Downloaded all the files and stuffs and when I had to reboot it gave me the error "failed to get the ctrnand firm". After that I tried to transfer the ctrnand again and the error disappeared but all my games were gone and I got 2 blank apps on my home screen, what did I do wrong? On section II - 20 (https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer) it told me to update the system but that still does not work so I stopped there. What should I do?
Thanks a lot for reading, hope we can fix my issues, I love my 3ds and I must save him :(
Replace the boot.firm on the root of your SD card with the lastest Luma release's boot.firm.

Do you have a NAND backup?

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You can try recovery mode and try to update via that. Just hold A+R+L+Up(DPad) and power it on
BTW, do you have any backups?

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Dogmj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Replace the boot.firm on the root of your SD card with the lastest Luma release's boot.firm.

Do you have a NAND backup?

Yes I do have a backup from when I Installed arm9 last year. I also followed every step of the guide so maybe I have more recent backups?

You can try recovery mode and try to update via that. Just hold A+R+L+Up(DPad) and power it on
BTW, do you have any backups?

I have tried and keep getting the same error...

Did you follow the part about backing up and restoring your tickets when you did the CTR transfer?

Yes I did, my games are showing up on data management with a gray X on it. On FBI title list it shows all the games with their title ids as their names (00004xxxx) the guys on the discord group said that they've never seen that happen. Also my flashcart is not working anymore, I'm so sad. And eshop gives me error 005-4800

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm seriously thinking about uninstalling the cfw (following the guide), restoring the console and then I'll try to install boot9strap again, is it safe? I didn't want to lose all my games but it seems I have no choice.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do have a backup from when I Installed arm9 last year. I also followed every step of the guide so maybe I have more recent backups?

I have tried and keep getting the same error...

Yes I did, my games are showing up on data management with a gray X on it. On FBI title list it shows all the games with their title ids as their names (00004xxxx) the guys on the discord group said that they've never seen that happen. Also my flashcart is not working anymore, I'm so sad. And eshop gives me error 005-4800

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm seriously thinking about uninstalling the cfw (following the guide), restoring the console and then I'll try to install boot9strap again, is it safe? I didn't want to lose all my games but it seems I have no choice.
I wouldn't uninstall CFW. I would revert it back to A9LH and test to see if the console is working correctly again. Then I would try to update to B9S again and see if you get the same error.

Reactions: Mazamin

Dogmj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wouldn't uninstall CFW. I would revert it back to A9LH and test to see if the console is working correctly again. Then I would try to update to B9S again and see if you get the same error.

How do I revert it back a9lh?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, I uninstalled CFW and now my 3ds is not booting anymore. Anyway to recover?
Why did you uninstall your CFW? Now you are going to need to buy an NTRBoot compatible flashcart and use another system to set up NTRBoot.
If you have another system (3DS, DS, DSi,) then I suggest buying an R4i Gold and setting it up to work as an NTRBoot cart. This will allow you to re-install B9S and get your system working again.
Or send your system out to be hardmodded.

Reactions: wormdood

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be, but it's hard to want to help someone when they have proven just prior that they do not listen to the advice people give them. I'm not sure why you immediately tried ctrtransfer instead of checking for internet problems, for example, first. I honestly don't know the ramifications of attempting to uninstall CFW since I've never done that (because why would you).

Dogmj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I could be, but it's hard to want to help someone when they have proven just prior that they do not listen to the advice people give them. I'm not sure why you immediately tried ctrtransfer instead of checking for internet problems, for example, first. I honestly don't know the ramifications of attempting to uninstall CFW since I've never done that (because why would you).
Hey man, the first thing I did was checking the internet and it was working just fine. I wanted to get a fresh cfw installation because it got messed up during the a9lh -> b9s migration, I thought that by removing cfw and restoring my system I would have clean system to start the b9 installation from scratch. And I also have a acekard 2i compatible and a 2Ds so please, if you can help please do :( Thanks.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To test NTRBoot, I actually purposefully bricked my own system by removing A9LH, but keeping the modified files on the system. Being that these files aren't suppose to be on the CTRNand and I even replaced the friendseed, the system failed to boot.
The 3DS is not made for having any major modifications done to the NAND, which is where CFWs come in handy to allow those modification to work properly. Thus removing the entrypoint (and by proxy the CFW,) and leaving any modified files on NAND, will result in a brick.
Of course this brick was easy to fix and NTRBoot got my system working like it never happened.
(edit: I was not part of the NTRBoot testing group. This was private testing done for my own interests)

Last edited by The Catboy,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, the first thing I did was checking the internet and it was working just fine. I wanted to get a fresh cfw installation because it got messed up during the a9lh -> b9s migration, I thought that by removing cfw and restoring my system I would have clean system to start the b9 installation from scratch. And I also have a acekard 2i compatible and a 2Ds so please, if you can help please do :( Thanks.
does the 2ds have cfw?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1