3DS decrypt (follow up )

ytt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a follow up from this unrelated thread : Restore save data from dead 3DS/2DS
I have successfully modded my 3ds and i'm continuing to advance in the steps to decrypt it.
Post automatically merged:

I started to read the "Finding and restoring the KeyY" in https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543 and I know that I need to install the CTRTransfer, but after that, I don't really know what to do specifically. I read the "Finding and restoring the KeyY" but it was just talking about updates (unless I don't know what it means). Can someone help me tell what to do next after installing the CTRTransfer?

Last edited by ytt,

ytt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, that's not what you need to do. At all.

Why don't you start over and properly describe your problem? You did read How to Ask Questions The Smart Way, didn't you?
Ok since i'm not doing it correctly apparently, I'm going to read once again the How to Ask Questions The Smart Way and I will come back and describe as best as I can my situation currently (after modding my 3ds).

I will describe my problem tomorrow as I currently have work to finish.

Last edited by ytt,
Reactions: anotherthing

ytt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok since i'm not doing it correctly apparently, I'm going to read once again the How to Ask Questions The Smart Way and I will come back and describe as best as I can my situation currently (after modding my 3ds).

I will describe my problem tomorrow as I currently have work to finish.
The problem is that I am trying to find the old encryption key of my 3ds (decrypting it) after formatting it. I was able to recover most of my files, but they were useless since there was a new encryption key added. The first thing I had to do was modding my 3ds. After modding it , I started reading the "Finding and restoring the KeyY" functionality of the CTR Transfer Type D9 script in https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543. I started reading the page with its various subjects( what it is, safety features, etc) and since they were all under the main subject (CTRTransfer (Type D9)), I thought that I needed to install the CTRTransfer here : https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html . After you debunked what I thought
I was suppose to do, I read once again to be sure I didn't miss anything and I stumble upon this link : files on sd card not loading on 3ds [post #9]. Currently I am still reading the contents of this link and trying to understand and I will make a follow up if there's anything that I'm unsure of ( of course after trying to find a solution myself).

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I started reading the "Finding and restoring the KeyY" functionality of the CTR Transfer Type D9 script in https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543. I started reading the page with its various subjects( what it is, safety features, etc) and since they were all under the main subject (CTRTransfer (Type D9))
I already told you quite explicitly:
The CTR Transfer Type D9 script can do a lot of other things, but in this case you are only interested in the "Finding and restoring the KeyY" function.
If you will not read what I am writing, then it is a waste of my time to write anything.

I was suppose to do, I read once again to be sure I didn't miss anything and I stumble upon this link : files on sd card not loading on 3ds [post #9].
That post pre-dates the CTRTransfer Type D9 script and is not going to help you in this situation anyway.

ytt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanted to read the other subjects because I didn't want to just jump in without knowing a thing or two. Just to be clear : In order for me to focus on the "Finding and restoring the keyY" Function, do I need to first get the CTRTransfer type D9 script or is it already in GodMode9? I ask this because there's a section titled "Instructions" In which it is ( I think) showing how to get the script.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need to first get the CTRTransfer type D9 script or is it already in GodMode9? I ask this because there's a section titled "Instructions" In which it is ( I think) showing how to get the script.
Why do you think there would be instructions showing how to get the script if the script was already in Godmode9!?

ytt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The "instructions" section didn’t have any context as to what it was for so I just assumed that it was for the script. Anyways, how do I access it? I’ve been going through GodMode9 but I don’t know where to look.
Is there a combination that I need to do?

Attachments

• IMG_2607.jpeg
    IMG_2607.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you think there would be instructions showing how to get the script if the script was already in Godmode9!?

Isn't the script install separate from the main GodMode9 install? If so, they could just be covering all the bases in the instructions. Of course, I doubt it would hurt to install scripts twice just in case. Forgive me if I'm misremembering the process, it's been about a half a year since I've installed custom firmware on a 3DS.

ytt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you put "CTR Transfer (Type D9).gm9" in the gm9/scripts folder?
No I didn’t. I followed the steps of the 3ds hacking guide and I don’t think that it comes with it. I was searching on the internet where to get it but I don’t know where to get the script.

Attachments

• IMG_2608.jpeg
    IMG_2608.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
Last edited by ytt,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country

ytt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where it said release page https://github.com/TurdPooCharger/CTRTransfer-Type-D9/releases/

Download the zip fule, unzip, copy the .gm9 to the folder on the 3ds and then try
Thank you

Thank you
Is it ok to "extract", then put it on the script folder directly?

Thank you

Update: I know have the script.

Thank you

Update: I know have the script.
After initiating the "Fix movable.sed KeyY" and rebooting the console, the games that I had before formatting were back( as if I never deleted them), but one game ( Miitopia) didn’t work and every time I click on the game it displays this ( the images below) :
I pressed "A " until it shutdown ( I obviously read what it said before doing so)
What do I do to get the game back just like the others? Also sorry for the dust on the screen I'll clean it up later.

Update : Same thing with Swap doodle

Update : All of the apps that came after modding my 3ds are gone including a game that I got from the hshop (pushmo). They don’t appear in "software " in the system settings. It’s as if they never existed.
I’m seriously lost.

Attachments

• IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2619.jpeg
    IMG_2619.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited by ytt,
Reactions: anotherthing

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but one game ( Miitopia) didn’t work and every time I click on the game it displays this ( the images below)
You can try using Import Seed in FBI, or you can just re-install the game.

Update : all of the apps that came after modding my 3ds are gone including a game that I got from the hshop (pushmo). They don’t appear in "software " in the system settings. It’s as if it never existed.
Of course they're gone. Formatting your system changed your encryption key, and now that you've run "Fix movable.sed KeyY", you changed your encryption key back to what it once was. You can re-install those games from the hshop if you want them.

ytt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can try using Import Seed in FBI, or you can just re-install the game.

Of course they're gone. Formatting your system changed your encryption key, and now that you've run "Fix movable.sed KeyY", you changed your encryption key back to what it once was. You can re-install those games from the hshop if you want them.
Ok thanks I’ll try and I’ll do an update,but the hshop, FBI and all the other apps are gone. Do I go to godmode9 or I just reinstall FBI and the hshop? Also some Miis that I have created prior to formatting aren’t here either. Do I use Checkup for this?

Ok thanks I’ll try and I’ll do an update,but the hshop, FBI and all the other apps are gone. Do I go to godmode9 or I just reinstall FBI and the hshop? Also some Miis that I have created prior to formatting aren’t here either. Do I use Checkup for this?
Update: Miitopia and Swapdoodle are working fine now after reinstalling them.
Update :I reinstalled the applications after redoing the step 4( finalizing setup) in the 3 ds hacking guide.

How do I get my Miis back? I also noticed that in Activity Log, it doesn’t show the hours of gameplay before formatting the console.

Last edited by ytt,

DogeTheRobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.soges.xyz
XP
Country
United States

Update: Miitopia and Swapdoodle are working fine now after reinstalling them.
Update :I reinstalled the applications after redoing the step 4( finalizing setup) in the 3 ds hacking guide.

How do I get my Miis back? I also noticed that in Activity Log, it doesn’t show the hours of gameplay before formatting the console.
I think Miis and Activity Log data are stored directly on the 3DS so unless you were to have a NAND backup they’re gone.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
What is a NAND backup?
Nand is the 3ds' memory, it holds the operating system and all that is installed on the console. You make a backup in case something goes wrong. Usually when installing cfw the first thing it asks you is to do a nand backup

ytt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh ok thanks for the info. I don't think I did this since I modded my 3ds after formatting it so I guess there's no way to get these data back...

I saw this in the GM9 script :
IMG_2637.jpeg

I know that it isn’t NAND specifically but can this help me for my problem?

Last edited by ytt,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto