Zyenet

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone has seen some type of a screenshot dumper for the DS as a homebrew app. Something like, you load the homebrew application, then it lets you select your ROM file, it boots the game, then there's some sort of key-combo that takes a screenshot of what's on the DS screens. (Probably in .BMP format) It would then save the screenshot to the flashcart, or have a special version that dumps it to a computer over Wi-Fi.

Or it could work similarly (with some sort of key-combo again) that you load the application, then you insert your normal game cart, and you press the combo to dump it by Wi-Fi.

So is there something like that out on the web? Didn't find anything searching on Yahoo.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Still nothing, sadly. Sorry.

It's probably something which has to be implemented at flash-card level.

You could try No$GBA, though. It works with something like the 90% of the games of there. And it has a screenshot function
tongue.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Zyenet said:
While I prefer doing it by emulator, they all seem to crash when I enter the Wi-Fi areas, which is the main reason I need something like this.
Yeah, No$GBA still has problems with Wi-Fi. And it will be probably a long time before a PC emu will support it
tongue.gif

Obviously you could resort to some high-level hacking/soldering of the internal hardware, but I don't know about any diagrams out there and it would still require an excellent skill with electronics.

Then, nothing sorry
tongue.gif
You have to resort to a good ol' camera.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Impossible to do with just a homebrew application. The instant the game loaded, the homebrew app would be cleared from memory and the game itself would run, as only one file at a time can be loaded on the DS. It could be done by patching the rom to dump the main screen (determined by the developer) to a specific flash cart, but it would likely be in a raw format that would then have to be converted to a human-viewable format afterwards.

The CycloDS Evo team started work on this a while ago but I don't know how far they got. AFAIK you can dump a screenshot when in the CycloDS Evo menu, but not when in-game.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprising the SuperCard doesn't have something like this. It always seems like their team is boasting about its hotkey functions--this would just be another thing to include >.>

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind you'd only be able to get a screenshot of one screen, as the DS's built-in screenshot function only does the one screen. If you want both screens, you'll either need the NITRO hardware for developers or the use of an emulator.

Zyenet

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to switch to and from each screen? As in, one game displays what I need on the top, while another displays what I need on the bottom, and I can switch it before I load the game.

Zyenet

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
The main screen would probably be the one where the character is.

I saw the Jumbotron DS myself. Looks cool, but soldering isn't my specialty. Plus, can it dump shots?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
If supercard and team cyclo would release there file formats for their real time saves then it'd be fairly easy to make a program that recreates the display.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: +1