• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

School in Seattle cancels Halloween parade because it has it has "historically marginalized students of color"

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
As a Washington state resident, I am embarrassed for my state over this nonsense. It's just as stupid as firing Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben for the colors of their skin. And getting rid of the Native American from the Land O Lakes butter. (Typical of America to get rid of the Native, and keep the land... Amirite? :rolleyes:)

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a Washington state resident, I am embarrassed for my state over this nonsense. It's just as stupid as firing Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben for the colors of their skin. And getting rid of the Native American from the Land O Lakes butter. (Typical of America to get rid of the Native, and keep the land... Amirite? :rolleyes:)
I never got the point of that logic, lets get rid of these icons from our products because it...supports racism/racist stereotypes? It just seems ass backwards trying to present itself as forward logic.

I never looked at my breakfast and thought "Man, I am consuming a lot of racism today".

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I never got the point of that logic, lets get rid of these icons from our products because it...supports racism/racist stereotypes? It just seems ass backwards trying to present itself as forward logic.

I never looked at my breakfast and thought "Man, I am consuming a lot of racism today".
Exactly, it's stupid. My school mascot got removed because it was an "indian". The town's name is Scappoose, named after the tribe. We have a totem pole in town honoring them. Like, WHAT THE HELL???

Reactions: Dr_Faustus

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'll play devil's advocate for a bit and try to remind that not all people that support BLM also support the radicalization of the group. In fact this being a problem that existed as far back as the origins of BLM back in the Baltimore protests years ago a lot of people who took on the name of BLM were simply rioting/destroying/stealing property for the sake of doing so and trying to use the group as a means to mask their activities under an act of protest. A lot of early BLM people did not want to be attached to these rioters as it would poison the name and cause for the group's purpose. The current form of the group is exactly what they did not want to happen, and has devolved into a group that would just go and cause mayham at the drop of a hat while looking like they are protesting for a good cause. Worst yet is that multiple parties are aware of this, but are afraid to act against it or shed light on it as it could get them targeted by the same people, or just as bad outside bandwagon supporters of the group in its current form will try to ruin your entire online presence for so much as pointing out the problems in this group as it would be seen as a form of opposition which can be in their eyes translated into a form of racism. Because lord knows we live in a world today where context and subtly is no longer a thing. Its either you exist on one side or the other now, the political landscape of the world today is braindead simple, and it sickens me.
Doesn't matter when "not everyone from BLM supports terrorism" when the movement itself has greatly benefited from it. If anything you're perpetuating a very dangerous mindset.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter when "not everyone from BLM supports terrorism" when the movement itself has greatly benefited from it. If anything you're perpetuating a very dangerous mindset.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
That wouldn't be a "No true Scotsman" because he isn't saying that no BLM supporters support terrorism, just that some do and some don't.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
The world is getting crazy, mostly because of the PC mindset.

In Sweden some shools have decided to quit singing the nathional anthem during speech day at the end of the school year.
This has been a long standing tradition. Reasoning is "Because we have students that do not identify themselves as Swedish".
Yeah so let's get rid of the Swedish traditions all together.

Then some christian churches has been prohibited from ringing their bells, meanwhile mosques are popping up and they are allowed to play their morning prayer routine early in the morning at a very loud volume.
How is that fair and politically correct?

Look I have no problem with a country taking care and helping people out, But the country should not have loose it own culture and traditions doing so, thats taking it too far.

I live in the Czech Republic now, And I am not used to all their traditions, I am not even interested in adapting all of them into my life. But heck I find it interesting and fun to learn about their culture and traditions and I would never want anyone to cancel their celebrations on my behalf.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Man you're so transparent lmao
You didn’t answer my question. How is your post even related to the thread on hand? Is this thread even about BLM? I included the extra bit because quite honestly your post comes off like a Facebook boomer rant

Reactions: Dakitten

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up