Homebrew SCFW: Custom Firmware & Kernel for Supercard

Gamemaster2022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Supercard clones today seem to ship with the 1.85 firmware. It isn't necessary to manually upgrade them yourself.

Looks like newer Supercard clones are using different flash chips. This might be a problem for installing either custom firmware or original firmware. The ID identifies the flash chip, but different flash chips also use different flashing commands and will require more code to support installing a new firmware.

Were you able to install custom firmware with this? SCFW performs its own flash ID check when trying to install the firmware.
Any ideas why my SuperCard SD has problems with save patching on your custom firmware (Save Type Patch Error)? Could it be also related to this, the different flash chips on the newer carts?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any ideas why my SuperCard SD has problems with save patching on your custom firmware (Save Type Patch Error)? Could it be also related to this, the different flash chips on the newer carts?
I don't know yet why that happens for you.

And that's unlikely. The flash chip only stores the firmware data, and using a different flash chip should only matter while trying to install the firmware.

Reactions: Gamemaster2022

SuperCardDeepFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know yet why that happens for you.

And that's unlikely. The flash chip only stores the firmware data, and using a different flash chip should only matter while trying to install the firmware.
Ok it makes sence. By the way the scfw its working normal for now and the Cfw kernel also working good saves, patching,and all that. I talked to the ally Express store that i buy it from and i did get a answer.aparently they pre installed the 1.85 allready.metroid maniac you were right but as long this error dont affect anything other than upgrade i should be fine right?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just checked a spare Supercard I own which I bought about 2 weeks ago which also has flash id c2ba. Looks like these are becoming more common in the wild.

SuperCardDeepFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked a spare Supercard I own which I bought about 2 weeks ago which also has flash id c2ba. Looks like these are becoming more common in the wild.
True. Sc is Great look what I'm playing perfectly fine

Attachments

• 17132263386966517819238921553289.jpg
    17132263386966517819238921553289.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: hippy dave

pikachuguay23

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone ! I was very happy to see that there are still people creating and moving the gba scene. I have downloaded this software with the intention of playing on my gameboy advance and there is no way... I have been totally stuck checking the forum for two days and I can't get any game to work. Does anyone have a step by step explanation to do everything? I also tried to revert my supercard in order to test how it came from base but I continually get a message that says c2ba error...

Please help me, im desperate...

xy1154

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello everyone ! I was very happy to see that there are still people creating and moving the gba scene. I have downloaded this software with the intention of playing on my gameboy advance and there is no way... I have been totally stuck checking the forum for two days and I can't get any game to work. Does anyone have a step by step explanation to do everything? I also tried to revert my supercard in order to test how it came from base but I continually get a message that says c2ba error...

Please help me, im desperate...
One will need to use unpatched "clean" roms, i.e. without converting them via Supercard's software.

Gamemaster2022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
One will need to use unpatched "clean" roms, i.e. without converting them via Supercard's software.
I second that. Because the custom firmware automatically patches the ROMs for you, you no longer need to patch them using the SuperCard software. If you do, it will cause problems (Mostly glitched Nintendo logo, you'll get stuck on bios screen). As mentioned, you only need to put your ROMs to your SD card and simply load them using the CFW

pikachuguay23

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I second that. Because the custom firmware automatically patches the ROMs for you, you no longer need to patch them using the SuperCard software. If you do, it will cause problems (Mostly glitched Nintendo logo, you'll get stuck on bios screen). As mentioned, you only need to put your ROMs to your SD card and simply load them using the CFW

Thank you both very much for responding. So specifically, the card should have the cfw content in the root and a folder called gba that includes the games in .gba format, right?

Icono de Validado por la comunidad

Post automatically merged:

I have done what I mentioned before and I get this screen and it doesn't go away from there. When you turn it off and on again, the screen goes completely blank.

error.jpg

Last edited by pikachuguay23,

SuperCardDeepFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both very much for responding. So specifically, the card should have the cfw content in the root and a folder called gba that includes the games in .gba format, right?

View attachment 432397

I have done what I mentioned before and I get this screen and it doesn't go away from there. When you turn it off and on again, the screen goes

View attachment 432397

I have done what I mentioned before and I get this screen and it doesn't go away from there. When you turn it off and on again, the screen goes completely blank.

View attachment 432401
I never seen a error like that try using a different sd. I do have a Omega and a supercard which the super card is my daily driver I just love it so mush that's why my name. And try reformat again. And got my scard resently which is micro sd version I'm looking for a mini sd version it seems to hVe a different flash

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I took a look at the new Supercard which gives the "flash id cb2a" error.
It looks like this is already completely compatible with the existing flashing code, and is even recognised as a compatible chip by SCFW already. Only the original firmware does not recognise this chip.

Since everything already works, you can use SCFW's firmware installer instead of the official installer to revert to the original firmware. The original firmware is attached to this post.

This original firmware will be bundled in future releases for convenience, but for now you can download it directly if you happen to have a newer Supercard and want to revert to stock.

Attachments

• ofw.zip
    288.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: zfreeman

swagl0rd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had one of these cards lying and decided to give it a go.

So far im impressed, its amazing that I can use my SDHC cards. I ran a few games, everything except Zero Mission works so far (but that prolly already got reported). Thanks for your time making this even tho im prolly not using this much over my EZ Flash ODE.

Happy to see what u can make with this in the future!

Gamemaster2022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It looks like this is already completely compatible with the existing flashing code, and is even recognised as a compatible chip by SCFW already. Only the original firmware does not recognise this chip.

Since everything already works, you can use SCFW's firmware installer instead of the official installer to revert to the original firmware. The original firmware is attached to this post.

This original firmware will be bundled in future releases for convenience, but for now you can download it directly if you happen to have a newer Supercard and want to revert to stock.
I have a question. When I tried to flash my first SuperCard with the CFW it got bricked and now stays on a white screen after boot. We discussed this on the github page and we couldn't do anything about it because I didn't have a DS. But now I finally have it and I have a second SuperCard too. The only thing I'm missing is a flashcart for DS. My question is, can I unbrick the cartridge without the R4 card, just with the other SuperCard or do I need to buy the DS flashcart to actually unbrick it. Thanks.

SuperCardDeepFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So what exactly this does? Bypass the id error?

How are we supposed to flash this fw with you kernel? Or with a r4 or something? My sc its just fine but i just want to confirm in case something happened to my card

Last edited by SuperCardDeepFan,

pikachuguay23

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I think I bricked the supercard. Since yesterday after the game boy advance letters, a white screen appears and nothing else can be done. I have formatted the SD several times and it's still the same...

saWif

Trophies
XP
Country
France
after i run the flash of the firmware, i have the message : kernel file open failed, critical failure

someone can help me please :-)

Attachments

• -11048771271603615952[1].jpg
    -11048771271603615952[1].jpg
    44 KB · Views: 3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle