Homebrew Saving on Jenesis 0.7.4

tnaught10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I recently purchased an EZVi right after the 1.4 update seeing as my acekard2i couldn't bypass it. With that said i've been using the EZVi since and i must say i really enjoy it, though i'm having a few problems.

I can't seem to save on the jenesis 0.7.4 emulator. Everything works great, the display and sound and everything. I am able to pull up the save state screen, but when i select save it just hangs or freezes with the words, "Saving, do not turn off DS". I've checked the EZ forums as well as here, but seeing as this version of the emu was releases about a year ago it's been unthinkably difficult to maybe find the solution to my problem.

To sum everything up, I was wondering if their is a patch to fix this problem, or could this be a problem specifically occurring on the EZVi?

EXTRA INFO:

EZVi everything is the latest software, kernal, DLDI, everything is up to date at this point.
I'm running on DSi, version 1.4U

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Acekard 2i works just fine with 1.4.

Save games are a little glitchy in jenesisds, so it may be impossible to fix it. I've been using it on my R4 and the games saved, but when I reloaded them the graphics were all messed up and sound looping. So just stick to games you can finish in one go. You might want to post this on the Ez-Flash forum as well.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
There used to be a problem with the EZ-V (not 'i') DLDI patch using too much of the stack, which would cause the emulator to get huge graphical corruption and sometimes crash when saving, because it wrote over RAM the emulator was using. Could be something similar; you could see if there's an alternative DLDI patch for the EZ-Vi. Or else just use the Acekard 2i, which I'd say is a much better card, at least in terms of software.

tnaught10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks, sorry for the late reply to your guys' reply.

Anyways I fixed my issue, i just ended up using jenesisDS 0.6 and i had no issues whatsoever. The only downfall of that is the lack of the added feature which was included in 0.7.4 where the screen would scroll with the d-pad.

Thanks!

DC2-CJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey thanks, sorry for the late reply to your guys' reply.

Anyways I fixed my issue, i just ended up using jenesisDS 0.6 and i had no issues whatsoever. The only downfall of that is the lack of the added feature which was included in 0.7.4 where the screen would scroll with the d-pad.

Thanks!
Hi are you able to provide me with a copy of jenesisDS 0.6 as I cannot find any of it avail and want to be able to save sega games in my ds using my R4 card and this is not possible in the version I have jenesisDS 0.7.4 as you experience d also

Thanks in advance it you can help me with this.

Carl

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi are you able to provide me with a copy of jenesisDS 0.6 as I cannot find any of it avail and want to be able to save sega games in my ds using my R4 card and this is not possible in the version I have jenesisDS 0.7.4 as you experience d also

Thanks in advance it you can help me with this.
It's really curious, I just tried on a few games and I didn't notice any particular saving problems, after that, I don't know how you do your saves, as @Nikokaro said, you have to make your save during your game and when you want to load your save, you must launch your game and click on the save slot to load your game but in any case the game must be launched to access your save, for sure. I'm attaching my version, which I think is 0.7.4 but I'm not sure anymore so if in doubt if you want to test it, you can try, just copy it to the root of your sd card.

P.S. I'm afraid the user you mentioned has been dead and buried for quite some time now... 👻
:rofl2: When I read your post, I immediately thought of this mythical game:

Axfk.gif

Attachments

• 04jEnesisDS.rar
    108.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Haha
Reactions: Nikokaro

nibbles27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country