Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ahh okay I checked the wiki but didn't find any relevant information regarding server status, I checked a little while ago, due to I finally have an internet connection that will work for online play

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WPA was a combination of hardware and software limitations. You would have to tackle both and the software side alone would have been a nightmare.

You might be able to get the USB thing to work, however I am not sure what you might have to do. I would probably look first at the old wifime stuff and any hacks made to it. On the other hand they were considered cheap and nasty at the time they were made and you could probably pull something off with a far nicer USB wifi card and a fake access point on your PC, a raspberry pi or something similar.

Phew, seems like I've got a lot of research to do! ;) Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any use to the Wi-Fi USB Connector anymore or can I just trash it? It doesn't seem to be compatible to AltWFC.

I have one from way back then and it's what I still use to connect. Setting up a WEP access point and locking it down just isn't worth the hassle.

Maybe you're running into issues because it doesn't support OSes newer than Vista. I run mine in a dedicated XP VM.

Akharr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried with Desmume but I can't configure correctly the wifi setting, I don't even know if it works with the emulator.Dit it works?

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have one from way back then and it's what I still use to connect. Setting up a WEP access point and locking it down just isn't worth the hassle.

Maybe you're running into issues because it doesn't support OSes newer than Vista. I run mine in a dedicated XP VM.

Wait a second, it works? I didn't even try because I didn't know how to set it up for AltWFC. For NWFC I just used the XP mode of Windows 7 to run the USB Connector software and it worked perfectly.

So how did you do it? When I connected to NWFC I didn't set up any WiFi settings in my NDS, I just chose "Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector":

wifi2.jpg

How do I tell it to look for the custom server when there are no settings?

OutlawStar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am trying to get this going and having a bit of a problem. Using the rom patcher it tells me Phantasy Star 0 has nothing to patch?

Edit -> I tried using an action replay code and the game won't start. :(
Again -> Using patcher 1.2 it created a new rom, but new rom still won't connect. I am using Desmume with the pcap setup, got it going to find nintendo shut it down. Now trying to connect to yours, entered dns and trying to use phantasy star 0 so far no luck. I set DMZ for my ip, will that work for the forwarding? I see that UDP must be open to all not sure how else to set that.

Martin8me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having issues with PS0 as well, every other game connects though. Keep getting an error code 71010

Edit: The game worked before, did anything change?

DragonBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Mario Kart DS is giving me problems... The first time I connect fine... I've even played a game with my friend. But if we disconnect, it takes about 10-15 minutes before the systems allows us back in. Is this a known issue?

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart DS is giving me problems... The first time I connect fine... I've even played a game with my friend. But if we disconnect, it takes about 10-15 minutes before the systems allows us back in. Is this a known issue?
It's probably be the issue where after logging in once the server won't let you log in again until you restart your games. Some games have this issue with AltWfc, other's don't.

Yugimumoto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm... I'm trying to get tetris ds to work but it keeps saying error 23302: high traffic volumes/wifi server down.
Is the server down? or am i just doing something wrong

SugoiEndeavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone think of a way I could play mario kart ds online? My router doesn't support WEP ;( I do own a working nintendo wifi USB connector if that could help (You can't modify dns with the connector but thought I'd mention that I owned one) I can only play it at the coffee shop which has free wifi :P

SugoiEndeavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The connection test succeeds but when I go to connect, I get a black screen with text that says: You were disconnected from nintendo WFC. Press the A button to return to the main menu. Error code 61020 Does this have anything to do with the wifi usb connector? (also, the game is mario kart ds)
edit: I deleted my wifi profile again and that seemed to fix the issue of the error code but now, it says "connecting to nintnedo wfc forever!! :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nigeria's central bank did make crypto illegal before, until last year they lifted the ban. Always make sure to check before you exchange. ;)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, speaking of crypto i remember reading about a guy who spend like 10 grand bitcoin on a couple pizzas (when bitcoin wasnt as worthy as nowadays)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's mental. If he had saved up when Bitcoin sky-rocketed in price, then he might've become the next Jeff Bezos for all I know.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, he couldnt know the price was gonna skyrocket anyway
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Then it dropped sometime in 2022, 2021 was when it really went up in price.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also recall watching a video of some failed games with their own crypto currency or smth like that, lemme link it to you (it's in spanish tho)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I remember that. Didn't Steam ban games with NFTs before somehow devs managed to circumvent it? Think EA tried to dabble in NFTs too.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Glad to hear people realise that NFTs aren't worth it these days. They realise that they're JPEGs hosted on a file-hosting site like AWS or Google Drive.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Atleast it has captions
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Meta also tried to create their own crypto, but that fell through.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Was called Libra, they had around 100 employees and wanted to hire more near to end of the year.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, idk why facebook tried to do that metaverse thing if mmo games already existed before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And Yea I refuse to call it meta
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I refuse to call it Meta, too. It's a stupid name.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, then why did you call it like that a minute ago?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't get why Facebook ever wanted to dabble into virtual reality, when other companies were doing it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Just to emphasize on what I mean.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, If women bug you, find a man instead lol.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    investors expect crazy profits regardless of the methods to achieve it. so ceo's gotta get creative
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Isn't that like every corporation?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, thats what @AncientBoi did (although he probably liked men from the beggining)
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, (for now)
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i thought he swung every way
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i thought he swung every way