Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't forget to use the ActionReplay code to patch the game or you can use the rom patcher. set the DS wifi connection settings DNS servers to 75.127.5.215 put it as both primary and secondary or it won't work. I don't know about using the PC DNS settings if that will work or not but it would be easier to setup the PC network card with the DNS instead of desmume I use an actual ds.

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
yeah i forgot abot the above setps sorry :P
i'll try to set my network with the dns althoughidk how this may help my desmume works perfectly good with the new server i just can't seem to find anybody to play with yet :/
i may make a youtube video for ppl who use desmume so they can understand this

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried setting the DNS server through your PC's network manager? And does using this method work? The last time I tried desmume wifi you had to change the settings on every boot

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
apparently if you delete the DNS from desmume and set your network card to the server's DNS and used wifi you;ll get the Nintendo wifi has been offmassege
+
your desmume version is old the new ones are saving the settings now i can upload my version to you if you want
+
is random matchup working? can you find anybody to play with?

Reactions: masterpad

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
you can use desmume wifi version i'm using it on the altwifi server and it's working good :)
you can find it on youtube
thanks, i found some desmume's versions with wifi options but i just can set it properly?! i am still tring perhaps a tutorial page on this site will help...

For a Desmume emulator user , waht if i am connected to internet through a proxy server? how should i make it kown in my DS game Configuration?

i really think a desmume emulator tutorial for Save-Nintedo-WC is relevant....

Deadlybean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could really use some help. I have copy of pokemon white 2, and the first time I set up the workaround with the action replay I connected to GTS just fine. I was messing with some settings though and erased my WFC config a second time, set it back up, and now it won't let me connect. Anyone else having this problem?

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to remind everybody that Nintendo's official gamestats servers are still up!

If you want to document them, use altwfc DNS and add the following entries to your hosts file:
69.10.30.240 gamestats.gs.nintendowifi.net
69.10.30.234 gamestats2.gs.nintendowifi.net

Check out the compatability page for a list of games not working due to unemulated gamestats servers.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wish there was some way i did not have to wire my laptop to play on the emulator...

Buy a $10 wireless card to have two in your laptop, bridge them or do whatever you need to do to have a wireless access point on your laptop and a wireless to go out on the general internet.

There are also other ways but they are more annoying and fiddly, have a look at some of the things people were doing when the 3ds pokemon wifi stuff was being hacked.

Terra250

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to host a game with Desmume Wifi Version, or Desmume can only join a game ?
I joined a game (hosted by my DS) with Desmume and it worked, but if I host a game with Desmume, my DS can't join.
Thanks

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to remind everybody that Nintendo's official gamestats servers are still up!

If you want to document them, use altwfc DNS and add the following entries to your hosts file:
69.10.30.240 gamestats.gs.nintendowifi.net
69.10.30.234 gamestats2.gs.nintendowifi.net

Check out the compatability page for a list of games not working due to unemulated gamestats servers.

I hope everyone got all the captures they needed since Nintendo's gamestats went down some time last night.

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
For all the people who've been having a hard time figuring out how the new server works on emulator i have made these videos as promised hope you can understand me cuz english is not
my main language so yeah :)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI2EwMyhuWS5ES1DdsMc00lBVWzium2cZ
hope you share this everywhere so more people can use the new server and have many trades/battles dont forget to like and subscribe and comment

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a $10 wireless card to have two in your laptop, bridge them or do whatever you need to do to have a wireless access point on your laptop and a wireless to go out on the general internet.

There are also other ways but they are more annoying and fiddly, have a look at some of the things people were doing when the 3ds pokemon wifi stuff was being hacked.

is there a way if i can put two laptops to each other? like if i have a ethernet cable pluged into to them?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah if you bridge the wifi and ethernet on each laptop, have one wifi set up to be the AP for the DS, a wire between them and then have the wireless on the other laptop go on to your local network. You might be able to get something done with internet connection sharing but bridged connections are good too

As you do not need big boy network setups (which is what I usually use that sort of setup for -- you can kick one laptop on it to basically be a router and have all the fun options of a $700 router) it is a bit overkill compared to a $10 network card, however you asked for theoretically possible and the answer to that is it is absolutely possible as I did it this weekend.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if you bridge the wifi and ethernet on each laptop, have one wifi set up to be the AP for the DS, a wire between them and then have the wireless on the other laptop go on to your local network. You might be able to get something done with internet connection sharing but bridged connections are good too

As you do not need big boy network setups (which is what I usually use that sort of setup for -- you can kick one laptop on it to basically be a router and have all the fun options of a $700 router) it is a bit overkill compared to a $10 network card, however you asked for theoretically possible and the answer to that is it is absolutely possible as I did it this weekend.

when i try bridge both wifi and ethernet i get an IP conflict...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you got any static IPs on your network or in any of those connections?

Also what happens if you bridge things, turn off the router for a while (to reset DHCP) and then turn the router back on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Back when I was messing with it the UI kinda sucked but it worked fine