XP
Country
Canada
savedatafiler
00000ae1 cygsavedata.dat

Current number of Orbs
0x68-0x69 xxxx

-----

Total collected Orbs (Not enough to help unlock extensions since on a new game setting it to 199 then collecting another didn't open the Retrieval Extension so basically useless)
0x6C-0x6D xxxx

-----
Unlock generation 4 legends to be caught

0x26E xx
01 None
05 Temporal
10 Renegade
14 Temporal + Renegade
18 Spatial + Renegade
1C Temporal + Spatial + Renegade
20 Rainbow
24 Temporal + Rainbow
28 Spatial + Rainbow
2C Temporal + Spatial + Rainbow
30 Renegade + Rainbow
40 Diving
50 Renegade + Diving
60 Rainbow + Diving
FC Temporal + Spatial + Renegade + Rainbow + Diving

I would like some help to get the rest of the legends values since I only have one actual cart (Diamond). What I have figured out so far was by doing a binary diff on a before and after save unlocking the Temporal extension then brute force changing values until it changed to Renegade, which then allowed me to put my one cart back in to get a value for both at once then brute forced it until I got lucky and it changed to Spatial and Renegade which of course caused me to add my one cart back in to get a value for three.

If someone that actually owns Heart Gold or Soul Silver could help by setting the value to 1C then just inserting the other games and unlocking but not playing the levels it could help finding values without any brute forcing. Note the save needs to of caught Landorous to unlock these.

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After more brute forcing and noticing a pattern I skipped right to the end and found the value for all five gen four games unlocked. I have no plans on finding every different combination since that would be 31 valid combinations and I do not want to do that much work.

Reactions: cearp

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
After more brute forcing and noticing a pattern I skipped right to the end and found the value for all five gen four games unlocked. I have no plans on finding every different combination since that would be 31 valid combinations and I do not want to do that much work.

Just curious, but every combination you displayed in hex,
Wouldn't the encounters just be a byte different?

(I have yet to check them, But Since It's conbinations, it seems Like that. They did the same thing with gender flags and fateful encounter flags. Rather than use hex to denote, They used binary )

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how it works in other games since this was my first attempt at save hacking and I just know that incrementing the value by 1 every time didn't work considering that when converted to decimal the numbers I figured out range from 5 (05) - 252 (FC) and only 31 should work it means a lot of non valid numbers

haven1433

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little bit of an old thread, but this is the only thing I was able to find regarding the format of the Dream Radar save file. I'd been looking for something like this for a while :)

From your analysis above, it looks like the Gen IV scope unlocking byte is just bit flags.
0000 0100 -> Temporal
0000 1000 -> Spacial
0001 0000 -> Renegade
0010 0000 -> Rainbow
0100 0000 -> Diving

Which means 0x7C and 0xFF would both work for having all. But I haven't tested this. There may be some sort of checksum, but it doesn't seem like it from your analysis.

How were you able to decrypt and re-encrypt the save data? I've taken a look over at http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Savegames to understand the file format, but despite being proficient at programming, I don't seem to understand enough to actually decrypt the save file. Could you point me to any additional resources you used?

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A little bit of an old thread, but this is the only thing I was able to find regarding the format of the Dream Radar save file. I'd been looking for something like this for a while :)

From your analysis above, it looks like the Gen IV scope unlocking byte is just bit flags.
0000 0100 -> Temporal
0000 1000 -> Spacial
0001 0000 -> Renegade
0010 0000 -> Rainbow
0100 0000 -> Diving

Which means 0x7C and 0xFF would both work for having all. But I haven't tested this. There may be some sort of checksum, but it doesn't seem like it from your analysis.

How were you able to decrypt and re-encrypt the save data? I've taken a look over at http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Savegames to understand the file format, but despite being proficient at programming, I don't seem to understand enough to actually decrypt the save file. Could you point me to any additional resources you used?

I just used savedatafiler to export the unencrypted save then import the modified one.

jaceyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Temporal + Renegade + Rainbow + Diving MY value at 0x26E is 75 .i dont know if that helps.
i changed the value to FC , but it doesnt work.

Deoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Temporal + Renegade + Rainbow + Diving MY value at 0x26E is 75 .i dont know if that helps.

I had also changed 0x26E from 75 to FC, and what happened was somewhat similar to that.

What happened was I only got the Spatial Extension, which happens to be the only extension I had yet to access since I don't have a copy of Pokemon Pearl. I was hoping to be able to reset all 5 of the Gen 4 extensions at will. I then figured there is something else flagging whether or not you caught the extension's pokemon already, but I don't know enough about hex to figure it out myself.

Deoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm progressing with figuring it out. The value that flags an extension being competed is 0x272.
Here's my notes so far:

0x26E set to FC for all extensions. (Won't work if extensions already competed)
---
0x272 set to ** to reset/re-enable * Extension:

04 - Temporal + Spatial + Renegade + Rainbow
14 - Spatial + Renegade + Rainbow
24 - Temporal + Renegade + Rainbow
34 - Renegade + Rainbow
44 - Temporal + Spatial + Rainbow
54 - Spatial + Rainbow
64 - Temporal + Rainbow
74 - Rainbow
84 - Temporal + Spatial + Renegade
94 - Spatial + Renegade
A4 - Temporal + Renegade
B4 - Renegade
C4 - Temporal + Spatial
D4 - Spatial
E4 - Temporal
F4 - All Extensions flagged as already completed.

Will edit in any further information to this post when I have the time to mess around with it more. At this point it's just trail and error, as I'm not sure where to go from here. Testing with F3, E3, D3, C3, etc., was just repeating the same results of "Nothing", Temporal, Spatial, Temporal + Spatial, etc.

Last edited by Deoxyz,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Good i didn't miss this! I'll make a save editor to enable/disable the bitflags. Since I will only be touching the bits, any other data stored there should be preserved.

I have 3 carts (diamond, platinum, soulsilver) to test, but I'm pretty sure this works with bitflags. I'm yet to reach landorus, I haven't really played since I got it.

I'm not sure if your your first values are right, since you only had one cart, because you only can have the temporal extension:
01 None ---> 00000001
05 Temporal --> 000000101

So I guess all the other values are missing the first bit, like this:
- 0xFC Temporal + Spatial + Renegade + Rainbow + Diving

Someone said this was not working, and that is probably because FC --> 11111110
It should be 01111101 (0x7D), not FC.
Code:
^^^^^^^
  ?
  | Diving
  | | Rainbow
  | | | Renegade
  | | | |
  0 1 1 1  1 1 0 1
           | | | |
           | | | ?
           | | ?
           | Temporal
           Spatial

For the completed/not completed the bitflags are probably in the same order, but they seem to be one more to the left (11111000).
For example:
This is 01110101, which is 0x75.

xvi32 is a free hex editor with bit manipulation, you should be only modifying the bits. Is it much trouble to get to landorus? If I get to him I can test tomorrow, but probably it works as I'm saying.

What is the maximum number of orbs that can be obtained in-game?

Last edited by suloku,

Deoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Is it much trouble to get to landorus?
3000 orbs minimum to access Landorus. If you've gotten good with the beam, he's a piece of cake to catch.

What is the maximum number of orbs that can be obtained in-game?
Not sure, but I'd test it by setting your orbs to 9,999 and see what it does when you try to obtain more. If it goes to 10,000, set it to 99,999 and try from there, etc. I'd do it myself, but I'm not sure exactly how to set specific amounts through the hex.

A Dream Radar save editor would be a nice feature, so I appreciate your effort. Will it just be for activating/re-enabling extensions, or will you also include orb/cloud counts?

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Orbs and extensions. what do clouds do?

Also, I should update the total collected orbs when modifying orbs, just to make sense.

I'll just edit my save to 2999 orbs, then get one and start testing then.

Deoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
what do clouds do?
Clouds are what you get orbs from, and they regenerate slowly in real-time after you last played. Editing cloud amounts would eliminate the need for long waits between plays.

Also, I'm not sure if you'll be able to get Landorus through orb modification if you have yet to get Tornadus and Thundurus.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
If you need to ask you'd better wait for an editor, which might be this week's project of mine. I'd really like to implement a full editor, but that would require playing and looking for other flags and were does the save store other data like tornadus and thundurus flags, and each kind of cloud is stored. That research is tiresome, if at least dream radar could be played on citra...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1