Save data file Fromat error!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by ptbnl, Dec 21, 2007.

Dec 21, 2007

Save data file Fromat error! by ptbnl at 1:06 AM (1,946 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ptbnl
    OP

Newcomer ptbnl Newbie

United States
    Ok so i wanted to play Contra 4. I never loaded the rom before on my M3 Real. It says a save file does not exist so its creating one. Nothing else happens because it freezes so now i have to turn off the ds. Not every time i try to load up the game or any other new game it gives me a message saying "Save data file Fromat error!" What should i do? Is there a certain file i gotta delete or do i got to reformat my whole sd card? please help.

2. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Try deleting Contra 4.0 in the /NDS folder

3. ptbnl
    OP

Newcomer ptbnl Newbie

United States
    yeah i did that and deleted the original rom and still whenever i try to boot up a new rom it comes up with the error message.

4. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    Which firmware are you using? Have you checked if it's a bad dump?

5. ventus2c

Newcomer ventus2c Newbie

United Kingdom
    I had the same problem. Bought M3 real with hardware installed. Had the fromat error. Could not play a single game. After checking system file on memory card saw they installed very old version of system. Downloaded new system directory of m3adapter.com and everything is working as it should be! Good luck!

6. Panic101

Member Panic101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most likely a bad rom..get it from elsewhere. If it still persists move all your roms to your comp and reformat, then put everything back on. tell us how it goes