Gaming > Save corruption in Pokemon Diamond. Help vets!

Fangedelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
Hi I'm new to the forums. Recently, I bought a flash card for my DS lite called ' DS Linker.'

I'm quite confused by this, it supports 3 kinds of saves, Flash 2mbit, EEPORM 4kbit and EEPROM 64/512 kbit. However, I found out Pokemon Diamond/ Pearl uses a save called Flash 4mbit.

When I boot up my DS Linker, the ROM usually has the correct save type it needs as the default, but for Pokemon, it is listed as unknown. Thinking it was nothing, I changed the save type to Flash 2mbit. Now, after 5 hours in, I got the message ' the save file is erased due to damage or corruption.' What went wrong? And what can I do to fix it?

Also some additional questions for those that can help. What do the different save files mean and if I change the save type from the default one the game needs, will it make a difference?

And for those with experience with DS Linker, the card has 6 backup save slots but I don't know how it works. If the saves are already in .sav format, whats the use of having those 6 backup save slots? I am so clueless that it comes to a point I just choose the first slot when I start any game now, from not knowing what to do. Is this safe? Can someone explain clearly how those back up saves work? Thanks!

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the same thing just happend to me while playing 21 hours worth... However i dont have a dslinker. Well i have fixed my save problem by using pokesave(the pokemon save editor) all i did was load up my corrupted save and save over the top of it with pokesav and it works for some reason
happy.gif

My problem occured because my ds switched off while it was saving.

Fangedelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
Thanks dude. But Im not using a emulator but the DS lite itself. How do I load a save file if its corrupted and wont even start up a game? And where do I find this Pokesave and how do I use it in conjunction with my DS Lite and the Flash Card? Anyway thanks for the help.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did u trade a pokemon in GTS? coz most of them are hack and that is what makes some
save files corrupt.

i always back up my save every night

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks dude. But Im not using a emulator but the DS lite itself. How do I load a save file if its corrupted and wont even start up a game? And where do I find this Pokesave and how do I use it in conjunction with my DS Lite and the Flash Card? Anyway thanks for the help.

Can't you backup your save game files from your flashcard to your PC?

Pokesav is a program that lets you edit pokemon savegame files on your PC then you load the game back onto your flashcart. Search the forums to get a copy of the program and try opening and then saving your game. It just may work.

Fangedelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
i read the faq, but I still don't get it. Personally, I don't think they did a good job of explaining the DS Linker, and thats why I turn to you guys.

Fangedelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
And another thing, what save type should I use for Pokemon Diamond? DS Linker already does not support Flash 4mbit, so what save type do I use, or do I leave it 'Unknown'?

alancia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i use ds linker you have to push the select button and take the 2mbit save type it should work because it work for me and i i've got 24 hour of playing in pokemon and no save error
if you want to use the six slot you have to enter in the config file in the folder ds os
you'll see a line forcebackup=1
you a to replace 1 by 0.

you should check the supercard site cause some ds linker had a battery problem so all the save are being erased.

alancia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
if you don't choose a save type you can't save because your save will be automatically unreadeable because its an unknown type so for each new release which are not in the ds linker database you have to test the three savetype.
one of them is always working.
for pokemon it's the 2mbit savetype.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.