Status
Not open for further replies.

Alli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'd like to help with project, if possible.
I speak Japanese and can assist with the translations.
I'm not a native speaker, but if I get stuck on something I can just ask my hubby (who IS a native speaker).
As for my level of English grammar, I'd say it's generally above-average; thus my translations won't need very much follow-up work with editors.

Now for the down-side: I can only work on this project on the weekends, as I'm currently working full time (on another translation project, which I actually get PAID for, so obviously that takes priority).

That being said, I'd still really like to contribute to this project, as I love the SaGa series and want all of my fellow fans to be able to enjoy it as well.

Please let me know if you think I could help out, even if I'm unable to fill the "full-time" translator position!!
smile.gif

- Alli

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alli said:
Hello, I'd like to help with project, if possible.
I speak Japanese and can assist with the translations.
I'm not a native speaker, but if I get stuck on something I can just ask my hubby (who IS a native speaker).
As for my level of English grammar, I'd say it's generally above-average; thus my translations won't need very much follow-up work with editors.

Now for the down-side: I can only work on this project on the weekends, as I'm currently working full time (on another translation project, which I actually get PAID for, so obviously that takes priority).

That being said, I'd still really like to contribute to this project, as I love the SaGa series and want all of my fellow fans to be able to enjoy it as well.

Please let me know if you think I could help out, even if I'm unable to fill the "full-time" translator position!!
smile.gif

- Alli

Send me a PM either here or at the Crimson Nocturnal website. You could probably show me a snippet of your work on this other translation project you spoke of, since I will need to see what your skills are. Its probably best you PM me from the Crimson Nocturnal website, since if you do contribute to the project, we have a team forum there and you'll have to be registered on there for me to give you access to it. Looking forward to hearing from you.

R411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dana Crysalis said:
You misunderstand, I hunger to play it because I consider SaGa 2 the best RPG ever on the original GB.
smile.gif
I played it sooo many times.
Heck yes i bought the game three different times in my life. Oh I cant wait to beat up Venus again, and on a side note i think im going to name one of my characters Xenu but what should he/she be?

M

multiboy2k

I dont think AP patch was included with this latest translation patch.
I have an Acekard 2i with the very latest firmware/bios and am getting 2 White screens. The game is no longer working on my card.

Please advise.

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
multiboy2k said:
I have an Acekard 2i with the very latest firmware/bios and am getting 2 White screens. The game is no longer working on my card.

Please advise.

I have both an Acekard 2i and a iTouch DS2 and the patch is working perfectly on both. Are you using a clean rom? If you aren't using a clean rom you will not get it to work.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
multiboy2k said:

Please advise.

Are you using a clean, untrimmed ROM for the patch? What is the file size of the original ROM and the patched ROM.

I have a team member that has tested the patch on their Acekard 2i and it is working perfectly for them. It seems to be something you are doing on your side.

EDIT
Haven beat me to it.

Anyways, please check your ROM and make sure that it is clean and untrimmed. Otherwise, our patch will not work properly.

M

multiboy2k

OK guys,
I got a CLEAN untrimmed rom. And, patched it with version .25(newest patch).
I then started a NEW game. (important)

The game works all the way through character creation. But immediately gives 2 black screens consistently right after you name your character before the game starts.

Im using the latest Acekard 2i loaders/firmware. And, im running the game on a DSi.

Could you please double check these findings, after you have started a NEW game?
As, this could be a bug/oversight.

Thanks

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
multiboy2k said:
OK guys,

The game works all the way through character creation. But immediately gives 2 black screens consistently right after you name your character before the game starts.

Im using the latest Acekard 2i loaders/firmware. And, im running the game on a DSi.

Could you please double check these findings, after you have started a NEW game?

Thanks

Try using AKAIO. I have started a new game and gone from the very beginning to the end of the world 1. I checked both loading and new game with both. I am using a DSi also since its what i have. Right now i'll talk to neo because this shouldn't have happened and possible ways to fix this. Sorry bout the inconvenience.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
multiboy2k said:
OK guys,

Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem and I am using AKAIO 1.5 with the latest loaders.

stealth20k

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many worlds are there in SaGa? Is it something like 12? Just curious if there will be approx. 12 patches before the final.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Positive said:
multiboy2k said:
OK guys,

Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem and I am using AKAIO 1.5 with the latest loaders.

Please check this thread:
http://crimson-nocturnal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168
For a possible fix.

QUOTE(stealth20k @ Nov 8 2009, 06:27 AM)
How many worlds are there in SaGa? Is it something like 12? Just curious if there will be approx. 12 patches before the final.

No, v0.3 will most likely have the first world completed. Versions after that may or may not complete an entire world. There will be more than 12 patches released.

heratio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much text does this game have compared to your Tales of Heart work? I imagine its quite a bit less.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heratio said:
How much text does this game have compared to your Tales of Heart work? I imagine its quite a bit less.

Yes, SaGa 2 is significantly smaller than ToH. Which is why ToH will take quite a bit more time.

M

multiboy2k

Just tried the new patch .26 (glitch fix)
Unfortunately, the problem still exists. It happens right after you start a NEW game and finish character
creation. Immediately after you click yes, it crashes with 2 black screens.

Clean rom, byte size match in properties, AK2i latest drivers/firmware on a DSi machine.

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
multiboy2k said:
Just tried the new patch .26 (glitch fix)
Unfortunately, the problem still exists. It happens right after you start a NEW game and finish character
creation. Immediately after you click yes, it crashes with 2 black screens.

Clean rom, byte size match in properties, AK2i latest drivers/firmware on a DSi machine.

I think that what might be happening is this:

When the SaGa2 Rom is identified in the header the first thing that happens in most current firmwares is that it goes to offset XXXXXXXX and changes the hex code so that it gets through the certain point, this happens since the flashcards have their own anti-piracy hacks. Since the game has been modified it might be changing a part that doesn't have anything to do with the anti-piracy thus not working properly so I ask that you backtrack and see if your old firmwares let the game work, if they do this might be the problem. Please check and let us knw in what card have you done it and if it works or not.

Thanks,
Haven

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MHaven said:
I think that what might be happening is this:

When the SaGa2 Rom is identified in the header the first thing that happens in most current firmwares is that it goes to offset XXXXXXXX and changes the hex code so that it gets through the certain point, this happens since the flashcards have their own anti-piracy hacks. Since the game has been modified it might be changing a part that doesn't have anything to do with the anti-piracy thus not working properly so I ask that you backtrack and see if your old firmwares let the game work, if they do this might be the problem. Please check and let us knw in what card have you done it and if it works or not.
Unless you've moved code around in the arm9, there's no way that those memory offsets have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ