Homebrew Safest way to downgrade to 9.2?

Razorzeto

Darkness can not drive out darkness.
Trophies
XP
Country
k

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also, what could possibly go wrong if i'm doing what I said in the original post, and if I format it. also how would I fix it if I mess up in a certain way

Your best option is to wait improved software. If you want to downgrade anyway you should do a hard mod to your console.

Last edited by Razorzeto,

iKittenz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where would I get cias? wait. wasn't there a downloader? how do I use that (P.S - My 3ds is US, english)

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where would I get cias? wait. wasn't there a downloader? how do I use that (P.S - My 3ds is US, english)
From that ISO site is your best option. The best way to downgrade is with SafeSysUpdater and really just following the directions to a tee. I've had 5/5 successful downgrades. 3 O3DS and 2 N3DSXLs.

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't link directly due to it being um...illegal of sorts haha. Just google "that ISO site" and it's the third link down. As you scan through these GBATemp forums you will see that reference a lot.

Last edited by Stevo_l33,

iKittenz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't link directly due to it being um...illegal of sorts haha. Just google "that ISO site" and it's the third link down. As you scan through these GBATemp forums you will see that reference a lot.
I just need to find the name of that downloader, not going to an illegal iso site

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well technically if your downloading .cia games anyways then that act alone is not condoned unless your just referring to homebrew. Not sure what downloader your talking about tho.

iKittenz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well technically if your downloading .cia games anyways then that act alone is not condoned unless your just referring to homebrew. Not sure what downloader your talking about tho.
can't remember name of it, but I downloaded something that could download update files right from nintendo, got confused by, and deleted it. It started with '3DS' and was on github

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't remember name of it, but I downloaded something that could download update files right from nintendo, got confused by, and deleted it. It started with '3DS' and was on github
Haha! Sorry to laugh but I've been down that road plenty of times, not sure how to use it, what it is or whatever so trashbin it goes! Then months later, crap what was that called!?

iKittenz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha! Sorry to laugh but I've been down that road plenty of times, not sure how to use it, what it is or whatever so trashbin it goes! Then months later, crap what was that called!?
so, what's the MD5 and/or sha256 for the CIA of 9.2.0-20U

also, what else could I do make this safer?:
* Format 3ds (w/out sd)
* Plug it up
* use safeSysUpdater
* Verify hashes BEFORE ssu anyways...
* auto obtain dns

and will menuhax mess up after formatting (w/out sd) or downgrading to 9.2.0-20U? if so, how 2 fix it? would browserhax work?

Last edited by iKittenz,

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crap... just figured out, 9.2 no longer on NUS
use the iso site put the files on the sd card and downgrade with safesysupdater, i downgraded three of my friends each of them worked first try no problems. seems like people are being more paranoid than they need to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: