Question Safer to say "Happy Holidays"

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious if it was safer to say happy holidays than stuff like "Merry Christmas" Yes I know is christmas, is a holiday, people celebrate it, but not everyone does, for various personal reasons like cultural customs, religion and other purposes, so is still okay to say that to people especially in general public, or just keep it "Happy Holidays" Less specific? Of course the goal here is to not offend anyone.:unsure:

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bah, i'll say Merry Christmas anyway . they don't worry about offending me with what they say, so why should I do the same, take muslims for example, they publicly celebrate their holidays here without caring who they offend, why should I worry if I offend them by celebrating what I believe in ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though I might be happier if you wished me a a good yuletide or Saturnalia I can safely say anybody that is offended by you saying merry Christmas is probably not worth the effort. In fact were they to start correcting me I would probably say "don't be a miserable cunt" just to seal the deal.

Also why are we in site discussions?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bah, i'll say Merry Christmas anyway . they don't worry about offending me with what they say, so why should I do the same, take muslims for example, they publicly celebrate their holidays here without caring who they offend, why should I worry if I offend them by celebrating what I believe in ?
What holidays do Muslims (or Jews, or Christians) celebrate that could possibly offend anyone?...

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
PC culture is going too far. If someone actually gets offended at someone trying to be nice and wish them a Merry Christmas, then shame on that thin-skinned SJW. We all celebrate different holidays depending on our religion, but why should we have to walk on eggshells trying not to trigger people with well wishing? If someone comes up to me and says "Happy Hanukkah!" I'll smile back and say the same to them, even if I don't celebrate it. I'm not going to get angry at them for not magically knowing I celebrate Christmas as a Christian. Who has the time to be offended by such things?

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was curious if it was safer to say happy holidays than stuff like "Merry Christmas" Yes I know is christmas, is a holiday, people celebrate it, but not everyone does, for various personal reasons like cultural customs, religion and other purposes, so is still okay to say that to people especially in general public, or just keep it "Happy Holidays" Less specific? Of course the goal here is to not offend anyone.:unsure:
Oh my god, no one is offended by this but white people, give it a rest

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally say "Happy Holidays" anyway out of habit, but if someone gets legitimately upset at me for wishing them a "Merry Christmas", they weren't going to have a happy holiday anyway.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it would be more encompassing, if it wasn't for the retards being all 'ITS JESUS' BIRTHDAY YOU UNAMERICAL PIECE OF SHIT'

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Every mass greeting and holiday well-wishing comes with a huge unspoken "to whom it may concern" attached.
it doesn't if it's specifically aimed at singular persons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol