Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

aije42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anybody out there without a cart want to test this attachment? Works for me.
For those with a cart, it'd be cool if you could test it cartless as well.

I'll clean up and upload the source later today. I'm tired.

Zoogie, you are a beast. It booted decrypt9 first try through steelhax and I'm betting it would work with soundhax too. Now onto freeing space on my sd card before moving forward.

npessoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zoogie, you are a beast. It booted decrypt9 first try through steelhax and I'm betting it would work with soundhax too. Now onto freeing space on my sd card before moving forward.
Yes, I used soundhax. Soundhax was never the problem, or other entrypoints.

HectorGamingTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wanted to downgrade my system to 9.2 but 2.1 was the only option. So, I sucessfully downgraded it. The problem is, the top screen is disorted. I also have no way into the homebrew launcher. I started trying to get arm11 and arm9 but I am stuck on the dukesrg part. I go to the site, the bottom screen glitches, I press select, wait 10 seconds, turn it off. I check to see if my OTP.bin file is there and it's not. I am getting frustrated. I tried with my brother's SD Card. I copied all my files to his empty one and it didnt even glitch my bottom screen. It quickly flashed black and froze on the bottom white screen. I really want to update back to 11.2 but I can't. Any Help?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really wanted to downgrade my system to 9.2 but 2.1 was the only option. So, I sucessfully downgraded it. The problem is, the top screen is disorted. I also have no way into the homebrew launcher. I started trying to get arm11 and arm9 but I am stuck on the dukesrg part. I go to the site, the bottom screen glitches, I press select, wait 10 seconds, turn it off. I check to see if my OTP.bin file is there and it's not. I am getting frustrated. I tried with my brother's SD Card. I copied all my files to his empty one and it didnt even glitch my bottom screen. It quickly flashed black and froze on the bottom white screen. I really want to update back to 11.2 but I can't. Any Help?
Homebrew is 9.0+ only and the top screen is normal. Replace your SafeA9LHInstaller and try again. Restore your backup to go back to 11.2.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
So you are here: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

copy your files9 folder [esp. your nand backup] then start that part of the guide with a clean/formatted sdcard

Where are you looking for the otp.bin? Files9/a9lh folder?

Pacific

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anybody out there without a cart want to test this attachment? Works for me.
For those with a cart, it'd be cool if you could test it cartless as well.

I'll clean up and upload the source later today. I'm tired.

Thanks this help for me I used the homebrew via steel driver on a brand new N3DS XL before the safehax didn't work

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is super good news to me.

I didn't know they had cfw out for 3ds until I already updated to 11.2 the day before (that timing e_e)

Assuming in my limited knowledge of this topic (only ever managed to message bomb or w/e softmod my wii years ago) this will let us at 11.2.0-35U stock O3DS get cfw and stuff like luma correct?

Based on first post the version my O3DSXL is at isnt supported right now correct? (i'd have to wait for fasthax right?)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not tested. I only really intended that for 11.x firmwares tbo.

The most important thing is it's not in the guide. Always follow the guide exactly.
Looked at the source, thanks for adding an alternate file name to load besides arm9loaderhax.bin and arm9.bin. I've renamed my payload safehaxpayload.bin and will test it later, though I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is super good news to me.

I didn't know they had cfw out for 3ds until I already updated to 11.2 the day before (that timing e_e)

Assuming in my limited knowledge of this topic (only ever managed to message bomb or w/e softmod my wii years ago) this will let us at 11.2.0-35U stock O3DS get cfw and stuff like luma correct?

Based on first post the version my O3DSXL is at isnt supported right now correct? (i'd have to wait for fasthax right?)
It already lets us get a9lh in all versions. All models, regions and versions can install a9lh. Check out my guide.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Alright here's the no cart upload with source. I've also added Luma's chainloader as a standalone arm9.bin to make choosing payloads a little easier. @AHP_person summoned [emoji14] the fix is in payload/main.c and it's very small, heh.
Assuming that this works exactly how luma3ds chainloading works, if no button is pressed what will it load?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Assuming that this works exactly how luma3ds chainloading works, if no button is pressed what will it load?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
If you don't press a button the menu will just sit there and wait like most menus do.

Maybe I should add a timer like an arcade game.

Reactions: annson24

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It already lets us get a9lh in all versions. All models, regions and versions can install a9lh. Check out my guide.

Seems simple enough.

Quick question: After I finish everything in video is it safe to go to the eshop and/or online in games like pkmn and monster hunter? (got a small fortune invested in my eshop acct and time in my MHX is why I ask)

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems simple enough.

Quick question: After I finish everything in video is it safe to go to the eshop and/or online in games like pkmn and monster hunter? (got a small fortune invested in my eshop acct and time in my MHX is why I ask)
Should be. I have a almost totally legit system that's a9lh'ed with hundreds in purchases and never had an issue. But in case anything goes wrong, you can make what's essentially a save state of your system by backing up your nand and Nintendo 3ds folder to PC.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
How is FASTHAX doing? do i still have to wait to homebrew my 11.2?
No. My release is about 100% stable. Use it. (or plailect guide version but you'll need a cart inserted).

They (the devs) are trying to get fasthax to boot separately from the apps it gives extra perms to before they consider it "done". This isn't really important to the end user though, and it's currently very unstable.

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4U-CrK4Hug