Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to data management and in system setings and see if your games are there. If they are greyed out it may be as simple as installing the tickets with ciangel.

in data management software all I have are Luma3DS Updater, hblauncher_loader v1.2, and FBI.
in Extra data I have some of the old stuff 9like face raiders, pkmn shuffle/rumble world, eshop, plaza, pokebank and etrian odyssey (but thats just like saved data andn ot actual game right?)

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in data management software all I have are Luma3DS Updater, hblauncher_loader v1.2, and FBI.
in Extra data I have some of the old stuff 9like face raiders, pkmn shuffle/rumble world, eshop, plaza, pokebank and etrian odyssey (but thats just like saved data andn ot actual game right?)
Yeah, those aren't the actual games. Are the games able to be downloaded again in the eshop? If they are then you may have just pasted everything in the wrong area of your sd card.

That's pretty much all I have.

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, those aren't the actual games. Are the games able to be downloaded again in the eshop? If they are then you may have just pasted everything in the wrong area of your sd card.

That's pretty much all I have.

I opened eshop, it auto signed me in, i go to settigns/other and redownloadable software shows the old content like pokemon picross/rublem/LoZ picross, etc. (though missing some demo related option but possibly deleted those ages ago so not a big deal).

Does this mean they are somehow not in correct spot on sd card?

Last edited by hotaru251,

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
my Nintendo ID, my layout (has empty spaces where my old games were), my folders locations(which i had for demos or rarely played games are now empty) are all same as pre-hacking.

However my theme and the actual games are not anywhere to be found :(

I merged the pre-hack [Nintendo 3ds] folder with the one that was left on the sd card after the CFW/19hl/luma.

If i go to settigns and data management in the 3ds part software only shows the FBI/HBL/Lumas updater. none of my old games which should be in correct place on sd card :(

Is there a way to go back to pre-hack and see if I leave the files on sd card while doing the hack if it fixes it? My old data is worth more than modding 3ds (my hundreds if not thousand of hours of saves)
Nand & N3DS should do it. Something else is happening - try removing the other folder in the N3DS folder to check that its just using the original one.

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nand & N3DS should do it. Something else is happening - try removing the other folder in the N3DS folder to check that its just using the original one.

remove what folder?
In the Nintendo 3DS folder I have a folder with numbers and letters and one called Private

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened eshop, it auto signed me in, i go to settigns/other and redownloadable software shows the old content like pokemon picross/rublem/LoZ picross, etc. (though missing some demo related option but possibly deleted those ages ago so not a big deal).

Does this mean they are somehow not in correct spot on sd card?
Oh yeah, don't merge N3DS folders. Delete the one on your sd card and copy your original one to it.

EDIT: The entire folder. You will have to install FBI and your other apps again.

Last edited by Bu2d85,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kay.

Do you know what steps I would have to redo on the O3DS using 3ds.guide?
No steps. Just delete that folder and copy your old one.

EDIT: FBI injection. Forgot you will lose that. So on the guide start in the section directly after restoring your nand backup.

Last edited by Bu2d85,

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes,

Yes,

You should just to make sure you're not missing anything. It only takes a couple minutes.

I know. I odnt mind lengthy process (I originally started the process 8 hrs ago) just dont want to mess anything up.

Most likely my last concern until I try it (have estimated hour til my stock folder finishes transfering to sd card)
is it safe to do this part again? (anything NAND related makes me uneasy)
  1. Navigate to arm9loaderhax.bin, then press (A) on it and select the “Copy” option
  2. Return to the FBI main menu with (B)
  3. Select “CTR NAND”
  4. Select “<current directory>”
  5. Select the “Paste” option, then press (A) to confirm

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. I odnt mind lengthy process (I originally started the process 8 hrs ago) just dont want to mess anything up.

Most likely my last concern until I try it (have estimated hour til my stock folder finishes transfering to sd card)
is it safe to do this part again? (anything NAND related makes me uneasy)
  1. Navigate to arm9loaderhax.bin, then press (A) on it and select the “Copy” option
  2. Return to the FBI main menu with (B)
  3. Select “CTR NAND”
  4. Select “<current directory>”
  5. Select the “Paste” option, then press (A) to confirm
No, the nand will remain untouched so the arm9loaderhax.bin will still be there. You can verify its there after you install FBI again.

Side note: 8 hours? How many naps did you take? I finished two 11.2 systems the other day in 40 minutes.

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the nand will remain untouched so the arm9loaderhax.bin will still be there. You can verify its there after you install FBI again.

Side note: 8 hours? How many naps did you take? I finished two 11.2 systems the other day in 40 minutes.

well takes around 90min~ to move my pre mod folder to sd card (so many games)

1st moved em to pc, then formatted sd card (after makign sure it didnt have any issues which that took awhile), then did the guide and got 3ds modded, then merged the folders and then trying to figure out why my pre mod stuff isnt working >_<

not napped at all (its 9am)

so i dont need to do that part?
so stop at these?
  1. Navigate to FBI.cia and press (A) to install
  2. Navigate to hblauncher_loader.cia and press (A) to install
  3. Navigate to lumaupdater.cia and press (A) to install

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well takes around 90min~ to move my pre mod folder to sd card (so many games)

1st moved em to pc, then formatted sd card (after makign sure it didnt have any issues which that took awhile), then did the guide and got 3ds modded, then merged the folders and then trying to figure out why my pre mod stuff isnt working >_<

not napped at all (its 9am)

so i dont need to do that part?
so stop at these?
  1. Navigate to FBI.cia and press (A) to install
  2. Navigate to hblauncher_loader.cia and press (A) to install
  3. Navigate to lumaupdater.cia and press (A) to install
Yes, that should do it.

You should see your games before this step. If you do not see them then something else is wrong.

Reactions: hotaru251

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that should do it.

You should see your games before this step. If you do not see them then something else is wrong.

ahh. kay. well this'll be last msg. been up so long after these files transfer to sd card im just gonna crash for couple hours.

hopefully it works out and I will report back with good news later in day...if not well thats gonna suck :|

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh. kay. well this'll be last msg. been up so long after these files transfer to sd card im just gonna crash for couple hours.

hopefully it works out and I will report back with good news later in day...if not well thats gonna suck :|
I'm out too. It's almost midnight here (Japan). Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1