Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have FBI .3dsx and FBI.CIA. I'm trying to run the .3dsx file and it says my firmware is the wrong one? I'm on sys 11.2.0-35u. I just got done using safehax but idk how to get fbi to work from hbl. I have a n3dsxl using soundhax.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I have FBI .3dsx and FBI.CIA. I'm trying to run the .3dsx file and it says my firmware is the wrong one? I'm on sys 11.2.0-35u. I just got done using safehax but idk how to get fbi to work from hbl. I have a n3dsxl using soundhax.
do you have fasthax in there as well? Probably need to run that before fbi.3dsx

bwbob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm completely new to the scene and have some questions I'm hoping to get answered before I dive into this. I have a NEW Nintendo 3DS XL on 11.0.0-33 U.

After going through the whole process at 3ds.guide from Homebrew Launcher (SoundHax) to Installing arm9loaderhax, I will have access to homebrew and full CFW -- correct?

Will I be on the latest firmware 11.2.0-35 U when this is all done? Should I update my 3DS to this firmware before starting the process? Will I have full access to my console's online functionality such as the Nintendo Store and software updates?

Will I be able to update my 3DS console if/when future firmware updates are released without losing access to homebrew and CFW, or will I be "stuck" if I want to keep these things?

Does the SD card I use throughout this process matter? Right now I have the stock card in my console. Should I use a bigger/better SD card now, or can I go through this process with the stock card then upgrade later without worry?

I'm seeing comments that somewhere along the line people are experiencing black screens. If this happens to me, what's the correct course of action to take? Can I safely turn off my device and just try again? I'm worried about bricking my system, but this seems like a safe process if I follow the instructions carefully.

Thanks for your help!

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm completely new to the scene and have some questions I'm hoping to get answered before I dive into this. I have a NEW Nintendo 3DS XL on 11.0.0-33 U.

After going through the whole process at 3ds.guide from Homebrew Launcher (SoundHax) to Installing arm9loaderhax, I will have access to homebrew and full CFW -- correct?

Yes.

Will I be on the latest firmware 11.2.0-35 U when this is all done? Should I update my 3DS to this firmware before starting the process? Will I have full access to my console's online functionality such as the Nintendo Store and software updates?

Yes. Unnecessary. Yes.

Will I be able to update my 3DS console if/when future firmware updates are released without losing access to homebrew and CFW, or will I be "stuck" if I want to keep these things?

You can update just fine.

Does the SD card I use throughout this process matter? Right now I have the stock card in my console. Should I use a bigger/better SD card now, or can I go through this process with the stock card then upgrade later without worry?

The stock 4GB card is good enough, so long as you haven't downloaded any games on it. You'd want to upgrade later assuming you are going to install games, but it's not necessary for installing A9LH.

I'm seeing comments that somewhere along the line people are experiencing black screens. If this happens to me, what's the correct course of action to take? Can I safely turn off my device and just try again? I'm worried about bricking my system, but this seems like a safe process if I follow the instructions carefully.

Thanks for your help!

Not all black screens are created equal. It depends on where it happens.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last question if you will, is a9lh upgradable i mean beyond 11.2 later

A9LH can be upgraded via SafeA9LHInstaller on any firmware once A9LH is installed as it comes with a A9LH payload that you can launch on system boot. A9LH does not need to be upgraded in most cases. CFWs like Luma can be upgraded via LumaUpdater for 3DS or replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card with one from the luma or other cfw zip.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
What files do I need to get SafeA9LHInstaller to work if I'm on 2.1?
otp.bin /files9/ (which is why the guide says to back them up since youre on 2.1 follow the guide from ctr2.1 transfer on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hmmm another black screen.
not sure what to do at this point.
decrpt9bin is on root.

can anyone confirm WHAT EXACTLY they see before decrypt9 loads? what does safe hax say? the last few lines of code.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what firmware are you. what method are you using?
try inserting a gamecard

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news everyone (read it in Prof. Farnsworth's voice)

My issue was solved and my games/saves/themes are back (now just have to buy a larger 128 gb sc card so I can dump all my physical cards to the sd card.)

thanks to bu2d85 and hyperT for their help/advice :)

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news everyone (read it in Prof. Farnsworth's voice)

My issue was solved and my games/saves/themes are back (now just have to buy a larger 128 gb sc card so I can dump all my physical cards to the sd card.)

thanks to bu2d85 and hyperT for their help/advice :)
Glad to hear everything worked out. Now you can help everyone else by uploading your title keys to the 3ds title key site. Below is a "fast google".

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=3ds+title+keys

It's the first result (Technically I did not link to it).

Dump your title key bin with decrypt9.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the...