Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

Eccend

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay after asking around on the discord server, for old 3DS you're meant to use v3 files not v4 files. Shoutout to pbanj for helping me out!

Reactions: benji787

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, me too. "getting firm1.bin is invalid or corrupted press any button to shutdown" used all the correct files for my O3DS. so it's 2.0.3 that's giving me the error. is there any other compatible version with the o3ds?
The guide was updated 15 minutes ago!! o3DS users need data_input_v3 instead of data_input_v4

Reactions: benji787

iMolly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on o3ds, using SafeA9LHInstaller v2.0.3
Using the data input v3 from the updated guide.

When pressing select I get "Error: payload_stage1.bin doesn't exists or exceeds max size"

I'm using a 4gb SD card. 993MB used, 2.75GB free space.

Any ideas ? Or am I just missing a file ?

*Edit* I was missing the file. Somehow I skipped it the 3rd time doing it. Working good so far. Restoring sysNand now.

Last edited by iMolly,

azerti1304

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quick question. So then for this we can just rename new3ds90.firm to firm0.bin and same for firm1.

However, for Payload_stage1.bin, would this need to then be compile from the A9LH git? Or is this a universal file?
In the past couple of days I've been developing a brand-new A9LH installer.
It loads all the needed files from the SD card (no more need to build console-specific installers), and it's really fast. Other than that, it's way safer than the original one, as it does the following checks:
- Checks that it's able to encrypt FIRM partitions properly
- If you have a New 3DS and you're doing a first install, it validates your OTP. Sadly I have no way of validating the OTP on an Old3DS.
- If updating from A9LH, it verifies that the NAND keystore is the correct one (just in case) and that FIRM0 is correct before using it.
- Hashes the secret_sector, FIRM0 and FIRM1 from SD (if needed) to verify their integrity.
- Checks that stage1 and stage2 don't exceed a maximum size.

How to use:
- Copy the 3ds folder and the .dat if making a first install, and run the program from a vulnerable firmware; or load the .bin using A9LH itself. Press SELECT for a full install, or to update A9LH if booting from it.
- If you already have A9LH and are thus updating, copy a payload_stage2.bin (which was originally named stage0x5C000.bin) and a payload_stage1.bin to the a9lh folder on the root of the SD.
- If doing a full (first) install, you also need to copy these files to the a9lh folder: firm0.bin (which was new3ds90.firm), firm1.bin (which was new3ds10.firm), secret_sector.bin (only needed on Old 3DS) and your personal otp.bin.

Thanks go to everyone in #cakey on IRC, to delebile for his A9LH implementation, and to StandardBus who hardmodded my consoles and made this possible. Code for writing to the screens is from CakesFW.

Download: https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases

So we just need downgrad in 9.2. Use otp dumper and install with hbl?

We don't need create emunand, 2 format etc?

akira123

Trophies
XP
Country
After pressing select to install, I get the message 'Error: payload_stage1.bin doesn't exist or exceeds max size'.
I'm working from the most recent version of the guide, data_input_v3.zip and SafeA9LHInstaller v2.0.3.
Also here's a picture of the contents of my a9lh folder:
c951f0dd41cf4193a445643e0c712a4d.png
Would anyone know the cause of my problem?

EDIT: Problem resolved, I was missing files from release.7z.

Last edited by akira123,

redstarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
On section 2 of the updating luma guide, i hold down on the dpad and it opens the luma settings. when i press select nothing happens in the luma settings. Is that supposed to happen?

EDIT: nvm, got it to work.
Anyone knows how to solve this?

einfuchsdrache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have edited the source to change the functions of start and select, but how do I compile this? I have devkit pro, but running make just returns error 107 on crypto.o. Using Version 2.0.3 of SafeA9LHInstaller for this.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So following the guide but when I have to connect to the github to start the installer the screen glitches and everything freezes. Pressing select does nothing even after waiting and rebooting...

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright With the release of SafeHax and being able to gain ARM9 on 11.2, has any research or testing been done to see if the stability of OTPless install increased due to not needing to downgrade? I don't have a hard mod or else I'd be trying it repeatedly.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
@Aurora Wright With the release of SafeHax and being able to gain ARM9 on 11.2, has any research or testing been done to see if the stability of OTPless install increased due to not needing to downgrade? I don't have a hard mod or else I'd be trying it repeatedly.
There's been some talk recently about bringing it back, but nothing definitive yet. I don't think running otpless on 11.2 is inherently any safer.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's been some talk recently about bringing it back, but nothing definitive yet. I don't think running otpless on 11.2 is inherently any safer.
Dang, it would really streamline the install of n3DS and I would totally do it on my own devices but for my friends I'll be doing the 2.1 downgrade just in case. Don't need the liability on my hands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    let's get some o7s for that legendary dog

o7
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think its raining
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    You know what this website reminds me of?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Reminds me of your mother
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Nah it's all the slots
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    She's just temporary
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: She's just temporary