Nintendo 2DS - Corrupt SD Card

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hacked a friends 2DS a couple of years ago and it looks like the SD card has a fault. It wont boot with the SD card installed but will boot up fine without out.

PC is asking me to format the card. I’ve managed to copy some of the files from the SD to the PC but two folder won’t copy over, the Nintendo 3DS folder (a folder named ‘private’ copied over but the other one didn’t) and the Luma folder.

As I hacked this ages ago, I don’t think I have the back up files for this 2DS.

What are my options?
Post automatically merged:

Found the answer in the guide. Looks like I will need a new SD Card first

Last edited by Youser,

The_toked_cavalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you find out I have a similar problem my SD card when I stick in Windows my PC tries to format it and i cant put no new cia files in my CIAS folder? My system still works and I have an SD card already on its way to me. What guide did you find?

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What did you find out I have a similar problem my SD card when I stick in Windows my PC tries to format it and i cant put no new cia files in my CIAS folder? My system still works and I have an SD card already on its way to me. What guide did you find?
I used the 2DS hack guide. IIRC there is a section for new SD cards.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but two folder won’t copy over, the Nintendo 3DS folder
Use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier to copy your sd card data, if it couldn't copy that folder then its corrupt.
and the Luma folder.
You can easily re-download Luma3DS & GodMode9, and redo the steps in the Finalizing setup guide.

When you get a new sd card, make sure to check it with for h2testw to make sure it's not fake. If it passes the test, format it as FAT32 32kb clusters and copy any salvaged data, the homebrew files/apps you can just re-DL them as it shows in the guide.

Reactions: Youser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto