Safe to Update with Mario Land3D before Acekard2i?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ChaosHydrA, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ChaosHydrA
    OP

Newcomer ChaosHydrA Member

Denmark
    Hi i just got a 3DS yesterday and Mario Land 3D with it, but when i enter the game it wants to do a system update. Im wondering if there is any huge risk in doing this as i have to wait till monday(tomorrow) before i can order a Acekard2i so i will most likely get it first by the end of next week. I would like to play Mario Land 3D though to evaluate if i should even keep the 3DS though before i order that Card just for extra opinion

i went to system settings and i think my current firmware on the vanilla 3ds is :

Ver. 2.1.0-4E

btw the place im buying the Acekard2i from is saying that the Acekard is supported from the latest update December 2011 which is 3.0

I remember buying my CFW for PSP slim 5.0 M33-3 from this site aswell and i remember he recommended that in general it was always best to keep having the system on lowest firmware as possible

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    You might as well wait for your acekard unless you are 100% sure the acekard has been updated. (btw it shouldn't even work with 2.1 unless its been updated

3. Deltaechoe
    This message by Deltaechoe has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Jun 17, 2012
  4. ChaosHydrA
    OP

Newcomer ChaosHydrA Member

Denmark
    alright thanks for the lp guys ive gotten the card now with a 8gb microSDHC and a tutorial to set up the acekard, but none of the online tutorials and the one on paper i have mention if i should "format the SDHC Card" do i need to format it before putting it in the Acekard and which file format does it have to be ?

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It should come pre-formatted, otherwise FAT32 works (and it's one of the only options in most cases). It's recommended you use the Panasonic SD formatter anyways for better performance.

http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-panasonic-sd-formatter-30-f25981.html