Safe to Update with Mario Land3D before Acekard2i?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ChaosHydrA, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ChaosHydrA
    OP

ChaosHydrA Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2009
    Hi i just got a 3DS yesterday and Mario Land 3D with it, but when i enter the game it wants to do a system update. Im wondering if there is any huge risk in doing this as i have to wait till monday(tomorrow) before i can order a Acekard2i so i will most likely get it first by the end of next week. I would like to play Mario Land 3D though to evaluate if i should even keep the 3DS though before i order that Card just for extra opinion

i went to system settings and i think my current firmware on the vanilla 3ds is :

Ver. 2.1.0-4E

btw the place im buying the Acekard2i from is saying that the Acekard is supported from the latest update December 2011 which is 3.0

I remember buying my CFW for PSP slim 5.0 M33-3 from this site aswell and i remember he recommended that in general it was always best to keep having the system on lowest firmware as possible

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    You might as well wait for your acekard unless you are 100% sure the acekard has been updated. (btw it shouldn't even work with 2.1 unless its been updated

3. Deltaechoe
    This message by Deltaechoe has been removed from public view by a moderator, May 21, 2018.
    Jun 17, 2012
  4. ChaosHydrA
    OP

ChaosHydrA Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2009
    alright thanks for the lp guys ive gotten the card now with a 8gb microSDHC and a tutorial to set up the acekard, but none of the online tutorials and the one on paper i have mention if i should "format the SDHC Card" do i need to format it before putting it in the Acekard and which file format does it have to be ?

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It should come pre-formatted, otherwise FAT32 works (and it's one of the only options in most cases). It's recommended you use the Panasonic SD formatter anyways for better performance.

http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-panasonic-sd-formatter-30-f25981.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice