Hacking Safe to Install DS Profile Export on Old 3DS XL?

AlhazenTheMad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I am somewhat new to the flashcard/homebrew scene. I just want to be able to boot into Gateway mode without having to use the wifi and didn't know if this exploit was safe to use on an old 3DS XL.

Gateway Ultra 3.7.1
systemNAND: 9.0.0-20u
emuNAND: 10.5.0-30u

EDIT: I named the title correctly. Supposed to say *DS Profile Exploit

Last edited by AlhazenTheMad,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I am somewhat new to the flashcard/homebrew scene. I just want to be able to boot into Gateway mode without having to use the wifi and didn't know if this exploit was safe to use on an old 3DS XL.

Gateway Ultra 3.7.1
systemNAND: 9.0.0-20u
emuNAND: 10.5.0-30u

EDIT: I named the title correctly. Supposed to say *DS Profile Exploit
Use homemenuhax MSET is dead

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you are already on 9.0, it will be a lot more effort to get the DS profile exploit running than set up autobooting with menuhax. First of all you would have to switch to rxtools (Gateway does not support the DS Profile exploit on old 3DS - so say goodbye to all the games on your red cart), then you'd have to also downgrade system settings to 4.x (or downgrade your whole system to 4.x, causing save-game incompatibility issues - but you'll be able to use gateway mode). You'd also need a DS flashcart to set it up or access to the net to run the .bin file if you don't have a DS flashcart.

Whereas for menuhax, all you have to do is get into homebrew launcher (through browser or OoT or Cubic Ninja), install menuhax, and fiddle with the config file. And you can autoboot Gateway - that is to say, have it boot into Gateway mode emuNAND when you turn your system on or go into and out of Settings. No internet required.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up