Ds Games / Ds Related not working on 3DS XL + Outer Cameras Error

nwklex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering if anyone who knew how to fix this issue im having on the 3ds XL. So recently i’ve tried playing pokémon soul sliver again cause of a exploit i found where you can get old event pokemon. Anyway when i tried opening the game , the screen went from dark grey then flashed to a white screen then it brought me to software closed screen. I tried another ds game and still had the same issue. I’ve also cleaned my ds games many times with everything , i even broke the soul sliver game apart to clean it better and still nothing. I also opened the ds download play and had the same issue. Whenever I tried doing something ds related it takes me to the sleep mode screen. I also discovered another issue where my camera app isn’t working and it says error has occurred and in the setting where it says outer camera , same thing it just crashes. this all happened recently and the same ds games worked before like not even a full 3 months ago. someone told me to hack the 3ds but i don’t have the right sd to do so currently. If anyone has any idea how to fix or what I need to do fix this please let me know.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Huh weird that that would happen to a stock system... Modding it and running TWLFix might fix it.

What do you mean "correct SD card"? Any SD works for modding and all 3DSes come with an SD. On "New" 3DS consoles you can use microSD Management in system settings instead of needing to unscrew the back to put files on the SD, though it would probably be easier to just unscrew the back as the official microSD Management kinda sucks. Chances are you have a philips screwdriver somewhere... they're just a normal philips screws

For more info on modding, see 3ds.hacks.guide it's the best guide on modding, don't follow YouTube guides or the like.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the system was never modded before then you have a hardware issue with your system, the outer camera and something else. Otherwise, if the system had cfw previously and was uninstalled from it (without making sure everything is working correctly beforehand), the broken DS functionality could have been a result of that. And a simple firmware update could fix that.
The problem with the outer camera is a different thing though..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out