Safe to Install DS Profile Export on Old 3DS XL?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AlhazenTheMad, Feb 17, 2016.

1. AlhazenTheMad
    OP

AlhazenTheMad Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    Sorry, I am somewhat new to the flashcard/homebrew scene. I just want to be able to boot into Gateway mode without having to use the wifi and didn't know if this exploit was safe to use on an old 3DS XL.

Gateway Ultra 3.7.1
    systemNAND: 9.0.0-20u
    emuNAND: 10.5.0-30u

EDIT: I named the title correctly. Supposed to say *DS Profile Exploit

Last edited by AlhazenTheMad, Feb 17, 2016
  2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Use homemenuhax MSET is dead

3. AlhazenTheMad
    OP

AlhazenTheMad Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    So this exploit is okay to use on an old 3DS XL? Anyone know where I can find instructions to setup the exploit through homemenuhax then?

Last edited by AlhazenTheMad, Feb 17, 2016
  4. templeofhylia

templeofhylia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2014
    Canada
    Since your sysNAND is 9.0, you'd have to downgrade your system settings title to the one from 4.x or 6.x, but it does work on an old 3DS XL! I've got the exploit installed just for fun. Documentation for homemenuhax is here: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you are already on 9.0, it will be a lot more effort to get the DS profile exploit running than set up autobooting with menuhax. First of all you would have to switch to rxtools (Gateway does not support the DS Profile exploit on old 3DS - so say goodbye to all the games on your red cart), then you'd have to also downgrade system settings to 4.x (or downgrade your whole system to 4.x, causing save-game incompatibility issues - but you'll be able to use gateway mode). You'd also need a DS flashcart to set it up or access to the net to run the .bin file if you don't have a DS flashcart.

Whereas for menuhax, all you have to do is get into homebrew launcher (through browser or OoT or Cubic Ninja), install menuhax, and fiddle with the config file. And you can autoboot Gateway - that is to say, have it boot into Gateway mode emuNAND when you turn your system on or go into and out of Settings. No internet required.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Feb 18, 2016
  6. AlhazenTheMad
    OP

AlhazenTheMad Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    Hmm. I suppose I could make do with just wifi tethering to my mobile phone.

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    That's really the worst option. It is soooo easy to get menuhax to autoboot gateway for you. I'm sure there is a guide somewhere. Someone will probably link it.

8. DingusPingus

DingusPingus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    http://pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 heres an all in one pastebin, it should help if you have no idea of what to do