S.H.I.E.L.D. Television show is post Avengers

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though I hold TV is far better than film at a lot of things I am not sure what mainline Marvel stuff will be like. That said I did like the Spiderman and Hulk live action shows back when and the Mutant X and Blade TV shows did good things as far as I am concerned as well. Naturally many of the cartoons I really liked.

Go on Disney- I know you own ABC but you know you want to get HBO in on this.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I actually did foresee some asspull plot twist where agent Coulson is still alive [though I foresaw this in Avengers 2]. They didn't explicitly show the medics pronouncing him dead. It was just Fury who told everyone, and I mean, he's Fury, for goodness' sakes; he even pulled the old 'poor bloodstained trading cards' move after all.

Also, I don't see how this can pull in the same audience share like the movie did.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I actually did foresee some asspull plot twist where agent Coulson is still alive [though I foresaw this in Avengers 2]. They didn't explicitly show the medics pronouncing him dead. It was just Fury who told everyone, and I mean, he's Fury, for goodness' sakes; he even pulled the old 'poor bloodstained trading cards' move after all.

Also, I don't see how this can pull in the same audience share like the movie did.

It doesn't have to. It just has to sell enough advertising to be viable. Everything I've seen points it to be some sort of Law & Order clone that may have some superheroes on occasion. If that is done well, it'll find an audience.

Just be glad it's not on Fox. Then you're only guaranteed to have one season, if you're lucky.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first I've heard of this show. Would it have Hawkeye, Black Widow, Fury, and Coleson played by their respective actors in the Avengers? If so, I'd be interested. It's a good way to fill them in without dedicating a movie to them (since the characters, while good, don't stand as well on their own as Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America).

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
This is the first I've heard of this show. Would it have Hawkeye, Black Widow, Fury, and Coleson played by their respective actors in the Avengers? If so, I'd be interested. It's a good way to fill them in without dedicating a movie to them (since the characters, while good, don't stand as well on their own as Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America).
Aside from the Coulson, I don't believe any of the other characters will be making an appearance. From what I've read it seems to be a take on only the SHIELD Agents (including a bunch of new characters) living and working in a world with heroes, super villains, and assassins. I'm sure they'll be part of some sorta reference one way or another though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc