Should i watch family guy? Is it a bad show?

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I want to watch family guy, but people say its one of the worst shows ever made, that the show its boring and has nonsensical gore and ugly animation, and that the characters were flanderized and blah blah blah.
Post automatically merged:

and i only watched clips of it

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Family Guy is very formulaic in its later seasons, very hit-or-miss all the way through.

I have ALWAYS found it funnier than The Simpsons, and definitely better than both of its spin-offs. There are some of the most classic jokes in animated comedy to be found in this series, but also a lot of really stupid or boring episodes or premises.

They attack practically everything in life, so it's not for the easily offended. The show absolutely absolutely has a hard leftist bent, though. While they bash the left every now and then, 99% of their political humor is bashing the right, and it's noticeably lop-sided.

Comparing it to something like South Park, though? I could never miss an episode of South Park. I went about three years without watching Family Guy and did not miss it, but when it occurred to me to catch back up, I haven't regretted it. It's not as funny or edgy as it used to be, but at least Seth MacFarlane isn't singing in EVERY DAMNED EPISODE anymore.

South Park, Beavis and Butthead, Family Guy. That's the top three, in that order, when it comes to animated adult comedy shows.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I used to enjoy the earlier seasons when I was younger, although it's been at least a decade now since I last watched any of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto