Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game

France
    image.jpg Spider Pasta

VinsCool, pakrett, Ambassador and 5 others like this.
  2. conradcervantes

conradcervantes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just about to install the rxtools.dat now. Question: just to be clear, I can now import my M&L: DT cart save into my CIA version with SDF?

3. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Brazil
    yes

4. powersaver

powersaver GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe I'm wrong, but, I always suggest to do save backups first because when doing sysNAND/emuNAND/PBT-CFW setups, especially across different firmware versions and/or regions, you might find that SDF needs a different region or firmware to actually access the save. If I'm wrong, I'm sure folks will chime in.

5. R0B0T0

R0B0T0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys,

I've been out of the loop for a while, so can someone briefly explain if/why these recent developments might be interesting?

My current setup is o3DSXL on 4.2 using Gateway w/ emuNAND 9.8.

Thanks!

6. isin13

isin13 Member
    Newcomer

United States

I am having trouble getting the hack to work, so i figured since i have a regular 3DS on 4.5.0-10U, Part I is the one for me. I try to setup MSET, i wait for the bottom screen to flash and then i press the power button until the screen turns goes off. Then i follow the steps for the Pasta CFW, and when i get to the part about pressing L and taping DS profile, both screens go dim and then i get kicked to the home screen, a popup tells me there was an error and the 3DS resets. Thats it, nothing else happens. Any ideas? help would be really appreciated. I cant seem to figure out whats wrong, i even reset my 3DS to factory settings and it still wont work.

7. dapaua

dapaua Member
    Newcomer

If you have gateway, the only thing is the GBA/DSI capable version. Apart from that it works like gateway without ROM loader, CIA only.

8. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

u need to install rxinstaller.nds. make sure you install the right mset exploit not gateway or even pasta cus both of them using gateway mset.

9. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    No, not yet. Gateway MSET must be installed to boot first, then you can install rxinstaller.nds afterwards, when you already have devmenu installed.

There is a step missing there: put your sd card back in your pc, and rename launcher_gw.dat to launcher.dat, replacing any previous launcher.dat that you have

10. powersaver

powersaver GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gateway users are using this version of rxTools? Hahahaha!

11. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Palantine cfw needs gateway mset to launch, nothing to do with actually owning a gateway.

but to answer your question, yes lol, for GBA/DSi support

12. isin13

isin13 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright so i got past that problem, I have made it to step 14. I followed all the steps, and now i am getting that its not connecting. (It wassent even doing this before, my problem before was that it would go through the install process it would pause and close, and DevMenu would not install on my 3DS, but as soon as i got the idea to run it again so i could screen cap it, i started getting this error) Any advice for this? I followed the steps exactly as instructed, also i did try running it as Administrator the first time it did not work. This is the second time Canadians help me with hacking Nintendo products. Truly you are a godly people.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  13. godstriker8

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm trying to install a CIA installer starting from 9.2 with no cubic ninja or gateway.

So I have no choice but to downgrade, but do I still need to use a ds cart to install the MSET exploit on 4.5 for Palatine?

14. pakrett

pakrett GBAtemp Maniac

France
    No, after downgraded your 3ds you can install the mset exploit by downloding this pack and put the two files to the root of your sd card then go to :
    [​IMG]
    Wait for the error msg, done.

Edit : You can do the same for rxTools after with the other pack.

Attached Files:

15. Elgrosp

Elgrosp Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    When I downgraded to 4.5, I couldn't make spider installation of mset work, I used my SCDSTWO.

16. pakrett

pakrett GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Retry with this qrcode, the previous/older link is down.

17. Suiginou

Suiginou (null)

Gambia, The
    Are those applied before firmware.bin is decrypted, before the firm.bin contents are decrypted or after both are decrypted?

"0x000B79B8: //Signature Patch 2
    00 20 76 E7" seems to indicate before firmware.bin decryption or before firm.bin decryption.

18. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

The only anecdote I can share is that using my own default router, ctrclient cannot send the CIA to the 3DS via network although I held the L button at DS profile and the 3DS is detected at the LAN scanner.

What I did to solve this is to use my Android phone's Internet Sharing / Hotspot to connect the computer then the 3DS to and it connected right away. So I'm thinking that how the router is configured could prevent ctrclient from sending the CIA to the 3DS although both are in the correct network.

19. Elgrosp

Elgrosp Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Well thanks but it was a few days back ;)
    Now everything works perfectly thanks to all of you who helped me :)

20. AHP_person

OP AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

United States
    After decryption and extraction of FIRM.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Signatures, rxTools, patched

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.