Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have 2 Wii's as follows:

White Wii
Broken DVD Drive
frown.gif

Softmodded to hell with all sorts of CIOS and MIOS but runs Wii games from my external hard disk great
Wii Menu Version - 4.0E

Black Wii
Softmodded with banner bomb exploit + bootmii installed IIRC
Wii Menu Version - 4.2E
DVD Drive is a D2/D3? so cant play GC Games.

I bought a SunDriver and have now tried it in both Wii's but it will not run anything but PAL gamecube backups. I have been reading about 4.2 upwards not having the ability to run other region games which would explain it not working on the Black wii. However the White Wii is only 4.0E so whats going on?

is the softmod interfering? should I even have a softmod and a SunDriver installed at the same time?
What would you do to get Gamecube games working?
unsure.gif

Thanks for any help
smile.gif

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I doubt the softmod is interfering... (Maybe MIOS?) It may be that the SunDriver doesn't have the ability most modchips do to run other region games...

You can probably region free or force pal on the Gamecubes using your softmod and play them region free, but I'm not sure about GC

midget

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi M1ro,

Thanks for the reply
smile.gif
I have tried PAL patching NTSC GC iso's to PAL with HPatch but that didnt work, I will try removing all MIOS from both Wii's and see what happens. Since it doesnt play GC games anyway there is nothing to lose
smile.gif

I will let you know what happens once I have had the time to implement and test this

Thanks again

midget

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok removing MIOS from Black Wii didnt work, I then downgraded to Sysmenu 4.1E and thats not worked
frown.gif

strange.. I will try an NTSC wii game and see if this is specific to GC or not...
Thanks

EDIT:
Same occurs with NTSC wii games, so I bit the bullet and used AnyRegion changer to switch my Wii to American and lo and behold my NTSC GC game runs perfect!
I guess I will just have to switch region to run this game unless there is a way to be completely region free?....
Cheers
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL