Hacking Running Metroid Prime Trilogy from a disc

jurassicbond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game boots up find in all the Backup Loaders I've tried except Gecko OS which doesn't recognize there being a DVD, but when I try to start a game, the top half of the loading screen will flash green and it will go back to the Wii menu. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it? I have a soft modded Wii with IOS 249 version 13.

*UPDATE*
I got it working if anyone else has the same issues follow these steps.
1) Download NeoGamma R6
2) Run Metroid Prime Trilogy any way you want and create a save file.
3) Reboot and run NeoGamma R6
4) Go to config and change the Altern. .dol option to Disc.
5) Launch Game from DVD
6) Before the game loads, it will ask which .dol file you want to load. Choose rs5mp1_p.dol, rs5mp2_p.dol, or rs5mp3_p.dol. Depending on which game you want to play.

This seems to work for Metroid Prime 1, 2, and 3. I have no idea how to get the multiplayer to work, and I don't know if you'll be able to manage multiple profiles in the same game.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
use or buy the original, thats the only way to play the game without any worries until usb loading becomes as good as running from a disk channel

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
Note: Alt dol method will not allow you to choose difficulty. You're stuck on veteran. You also only get one save game.

Are you sure this is correct? If you load the load without alt.dol FIRST, you can create a savegame and select normal instead of veteran. Afterward, when you load a game via alt.dol, does it not read the "normal" savegame?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Covarr said:
Note: Alt dol method will not allow you to choose difficulty. You're stuck on veteran. You also only get one save game.

Are you sure this is correct? If you load the load without alt.dol FIRST, you can create a savegame and select normal instead of veteran. Afterward, when you load a game via alt.dol, does it not read the "normal" savegame?
You are correct.

As with many others, I'm only concerned with MP 1 & 2, since MP3 is available separately. I took the dvd-5 release and burned onto a Verbatim DVD-R, just so I could choose normal difficulty, and make it to the first save room to create a save. Loading this save from USB will retain the settings you chose in the menu. I also use NeoGamma to launch from USB with video mode NTSC 480p, and video patch ALL, otherwise playing from USB will output 480i (only a big deal for those with component cables and a supported tv).

jurassicbond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Covarr said:

When you do that, it doesn't actually create a save game.

1st Time

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know everyone must be sick of posts regarding Metroid Prime Trilogy by now - however I was wondering if anyone can help.
I can run the game off the disc using the alt-dol method, however I cannot play the game off the disc normally.

I have a pal wii 4.1 and have patched the IOS of the game so it can now run via the disc channel if nessesary. My problem is that no matter what loader I use or if I use the disc channel, I get a #002 error message upon trying to load the individual game (just after the clip where Samus fires her gun and then it tells you what game is loading).

I have tried using the error #002 fixes in the loaders I have tried but it does not work.

If anyone knows how I can fix this I would be grateful.

Also please note that I thought I had already manually removed both #001 & #002 using generic wii patcher and injecting back into the iso.
I am getting closer, as prior to patching the IOS on the iso it wouldn't even load via the disc channel.

1st Time

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1st Time said:
FenrirWolf said:
Okay, you patched which IOS the game uses, but to what? To 249?

I patched the IOS to 249 (apologies for forgettting to include that in my original post).

Also re-reading my original post I also forgot to mention that I have a version 1 wiinja chip installed (the first wiinja chip released) but due to a recent update to 4.1 I had to softmod my wii to get it to load backups again.
I'm just mentioning this incase it has any impact on my problem.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1