Hacking Question Running devmenu without Pokemon Quest on SX OS 1.3, can any other game be donor ?

jareq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello. Is there possible to modify devmenu in order to work with any other game than Pokemon Quest ?

I dont have installed pokemon quest and i dont want to go online to install it.

I've tried to patch game title with Gonner, Just Dance 2017 Demo, Rayman Demo, Snipperclips and Disgaea 5 demo.

It always crashes on start (in case of Disgaea and rayman it just run the games, ignores layeredfs files).

Do you have any idea or workaround to run devmenu in this case?

I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I would wait a while TX are coming up with a better solution I would stay away from using the DevMenu it could result in a flag ban and as far as Eshop titles in the wild there’s like 1 go and buy it I have well worth the purchase!

Last edited by Reecey,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget that this is SX OS. You don't have to use an installed title. You can try patching an XCI game as well. Which one? Beats me. I have PQ.

Also, the patching utility you're using could be messing up. If you'd rather edit main.npdm manually with a hex editor, it's line 290 (the title ID is simply entered backwards twice).

CymraegAce

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...and as far as Eshop titles in the wild there’s like 1

There's already a good few more then that floating around other forums.. #JustClarifying

Getting back to the initial post however; there isn't any other known way of launching DevMenu currently. Wait it out, i'm sure it wont take long for another method to appear.. :)

Last edited by CymraegAce,
Reactions: Reecey

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget that this is SX OS. You don't have to use an installed title. You can try patching an XCI game as well. Which one? Beats me. I have PQ.

Also, the patching utility you're using could be messing up. If you'd rather edit main.npdm manually with a hex editor, it's line 290 (the title ID is simply entered backwards twice).
That's the ID range. The title ID is at 0x10 starting with ACI0.

Reactions: Notex

jareq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay i did it.

If anyone is wondering how to run devmenu using other game than pokemon quest, you can replace hex values of main.npdm. Just search for pokemon quest game title, reverse it like that: A1 B2 C3 -> C3 B2 A1 and replace for target (donor) game title the same way. For example: if your target game title id is: DD EE 01 then replace it for 01 EE DD and do layeredfs thing as usual.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In my case it worked with South Park loaded by Sx os 1.3

PS. It will be little bugged a bit (top bar licensed by nintendo and bottom bar "Nintendo switch" doesnt go away). You wont see applications menu, but you can navigate to it and install nsp's

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use Pokemon Quest and it just freezes at the Switch screen. I have DevMenu....There must be something i'm missing, I followed This Guide

EDIT: Problem Solved, for some reason, since i'm using a Mac, I have to put the SD card into Windows when I want my switch to read folders.....I have to go to "properties" > "advanced" and uncheck that file archive thing.....it just installed an NSP once I did that :)

Last edited by Dvdxploitr,

CymraegAce

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay i did it.

If anyone is wondering how to run devmenu using other game than pokemon quest, you can replace hex values of main.npdm. Just search for pokemon quest game title, reverse it like that: A1 B2 C3 -> C3 B2 A1 and replace for target (donor) game title the same way. For example: if your target game title id is: DD EE 01 then replace it for 01 EE DD and do layeredfs thing as usual.

Any chance of a ELI5 user-guide.?

Reactions: Zedris

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you can, i ve installed a couple games through this method myself. If you accept the fact a ban will hit you sometime, theres nothing to be afraid of. A ban will hit you anyway for whatever reason if you using all those homebrew and stuff. And also, eventually there ll be something to unban consoles too, so whatever.

Edit - this is for those who arent familiar to this process

the process to using another donor is quite simple, same as for the layeredfs,
all you need to do to use another game as donor is you have to do a bit of change to the file called main.npdm thats inside exefs folder to match the game you wanna use as donor
this way:
Before anything, make a backup for devmenu, just in case something goes wrong
open up this website

http://carlus.altervista.org/nx/title_id_patcher.html

I will use VOEZ Demo
Type down the title id for the game you want to use as donor
As I m using VOEZ Demo, the title id for this game is 01008D00062C2000
so simply type down:
01008D00062C2000
click on Browse...
look up for the main.npdm file thats inside exerfs
After it, click on `Download patched file ` and download it to whatever place you want it to be.
copy this main.npdm file you just downloaded to exerfs folder, overwrite the one thats there.
create a folder on the sd card called sxos
create a folder inside sxos called titles
create a folder inside titles with the same titleid name as you used for the donor, in this case, 01008D00062C2000
copy all the devmenu content to the inside of 01008D00062C2000 folder
at this point, you should have something like this:
sdcard:\sxos\titles\01005D100807A000 with both exefs and romfs inside there
thats it
get your sd card back to the switch, turn the switch on and open up the donor you used, in this case, VOEZ demo

Last edited by Hondyn,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS. It will be little bugged a bit (top bar licensed by nintendo and bottom bar "Nintendo switch" doesnt go away). You wont see applications menu, but you can navigate to it and install nsp's
Apparently if that happens with layeredfs you can fix it by pressing the home button to come out of the app, and then go back into it.

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i did it.

I just realized SX OS can now load XCI using cart emulation and then use that as donor title to load another title via layerdfs at the same title. Lots of possibilities now.

Nexcus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How can we get the main.ndpm of a game ?? And how to have 2X the same name of folder exefs and romfs?

capitaineflam25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay i did it.

Tested unsuccessfully with South Park XCI (main.npdm patched with 01008F2005154000, path on the SDCard is \sxos\titles\01008F2005154000\exefs\, i'm using SXOS 1.3)
It freezes during the "Licensed by Nintendo" screen. Am i missing something ?

Would you share your main.npdm ?

Last edited by capitaineflam25, , Reason: Don't ask for warez

crazyxelite

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also interested in this I'm on 3.0.2 would be very helpful if someone could do a tut on YouTube English is not my native language a little hard to understand all the steps. I really want sonic mania. Thanks all!

CymraegAce

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try these instructions.. :)

Attachments

• 490F49A8-C7E1-4305-9654-BC64653C2399.jpeg
    490F49A8-C7E1-4305-9654-BC64653C2399.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 986

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum