Runescape Classic will be shutting down

Summary.png

17 years ago, Runescape Classic released in 2001. Through the years, the game, as many MMOs do, received multiple updates and changes to its content. Though it had become outdated, servers still existed so that fans could play the original version of the game. However, almost two decades after its initial launch, the game will finally be shutting down for good. Developer Jagex claims that while Runescape Classic is still played by some people, even after official support has ended, the game also is getting increasingly more buggy, and exploitative bots and macros are taking over. The company wishes to let players get together and say goodbye to the game, rather than letting it continue as-is until it becomes entirely unplayable one day. On August 6, the servers will go permanently offline, and will prevent players from logging on afterwards.

This does not affect Old School Runescape, an entirely different "classic" Runescape experience, based off the 2007 version of the game.

:arrow: Source

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol who even plays Runescape in 2018:ninja:

Someone I considered a friend had been playing it this year. This is a bit personally affecting because I wonder what they think about this. I don't think I'll ever know because this person has gone dark for the last month, with a theory of mine being that they are dead. So...this just reminds of really dark and sad thoughts.

D

Deleted User

why does that matter? You’re starting an irrelevant conversation to the topic

My guess is 11-18, simply because anyone "too old" to know about Runescape would likely not be using this type of forum.
And yeah.. Runescape was kinda a big deal back in the early to mid/late 2000s.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Someone I considered a friend had been playing it this year. This is a bit personally affecting because I wonder what they think about this. I don't think I'll ever know because this person has gone dark for the last month, with a theory of mine being that they are dead. So...this just reminds of really dark and sad thoughts.
That is actually kinda creepy. May he R̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶P̶e̶a̶c̶e̶ Rest in Peace.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My guess is 11-18, simply because anyone "too old" to know about Runescape would likely not be using this type of forum.
And yeah.. Runescape was kinda a big deal back in the early to mid/late 2000s.
To everyone putting my age into question out there... do I sound like an 11 or 12 year old? I simply didn’t heard of this game, that’s it

And it looks shitty anyway, but hey who cares? It’s my personal opinion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.