Runescape: Bring back Free trade and Classic Wilderness

D

Deleted-236924

Argentum Vir said:
Pingouin7 said:
It's right there on the main page...
I suggest you visit the main page everyday for news.
Umm, yea I do. Z.Z You're suggesting it to the wrong person bud.
So, tell me, how come you didn't notice it then?

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wabsta said:
Pingouin7 said:
They can't bring back the old days, because they would have to remove everything that was added since 2007.
They would also have to change the graphics and animations to make them the exact same than before.
That would takes ages to do and wouldn't bring anything good to the game.
The old days as in, free trade and awesome PK in the wilderniss.
That'd be possible on private servers. I used to do that.

Other than that I might play again if this happens. I know I kinda stopped around the time they added Grand Exchange and all that.

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really play much any more, but I understand how enjoyable and important this is to many players, so I voted. Hopefully our efforts aren't in vain.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Argentum Vir said:
Pingouin7 said:
It's right there on the main page...
I suggest you visit the main page everyday for news.
Umm, yea I do. Z.Z You're suggesting it to the wrong person bud.
So, tell me, how come you didn't notice it then?
Because it's like the second one down, and I'm at a Free Wi-Fi hotspot. Surely you've also accounted for the several reading and writing disorders I have, no? Yea, if you read my sig and profile you'll see an avid RS player and forum reader. So tell me how come you didn't notice that I do read the homepage, and play Runescape every time I have internet? Please don't post a comment about how I didn't notice something. A simple here it is, have fun would have sufficed.

D

Deleted-236924

Nowhere did it say that you read the homepage for news every single day.
And what does a free Wi-Fi hotspot have to do with this?

I can see why you would mistake the new poll for the old one, though.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Nowhere did it say that you read the homepage for news every single day.
And what does a free Wi-Fi hotspot have to do with this?

I can see why you would mistake the new poll for the old one, though.
1) You suggested it. I merely pointed out that I do, and there is no reason you should.
2) Free Wi-Fi means that RS isn't as enjoyable so I may not even bother.
3) The long winded angry answer was to point out that there is no easy answer as to why "I didn't notice it."

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vigilante said:
Does this mean the other player can give you any thing for free even things worth more than 1 million
Umm yes. Though why you would give away something worth 1 mil unless you're quitting is beyond me. RWT anyone?

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"You last logged in 476 days ago"

I'm surprised it's been that long, especially since I once logged in just to check in, months after I stopped playing. There have been a lot of updates, so I think I'll start playing again.

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this good news, for those who like the wild, I started playing again yesterday, after I saw that poll, Lets just see how long they keep free trading and wildy if they add it back. Now, to start grinding levels.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
All the bashers that haven't tried it in years just make themselves look stupid, as I showed in the previous thread. Honestly, if it was still the same game it was back in 2005 or whenever the last time you tried it was, how would it still be this popular? They just won the Golden Joystick award for the second time in a row, and have made the guiness book of word records at least once for various things.

Games that never improve don't manage that kind of stuff.

shakirmoledina said:
went i went to vote, i never saw a no or dont mind option... anywayz i wanted to vote yes anywayThat was a petition to put out the poll, this is the actual poll.

QUOTE(shakirmoledina @ Dec 24 2010, 03:28 PM) what will happen of GE is what makes this special for regular players
They explain in this one that the GE will be kept (after all it was around before the removal of free trade).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wut.

I don't even play outside of once every few weeks or so to check out new updates. I just keep track of the game because it's great to see how it's evolving, both from a social standpoint (how they gauge their userbase's reaction to updates and policies), and from a technical standpoint (procedurally-generated textures and DX/GL rendering in a browser window is pretty slick).

My point was that most of the bashers haven't even seen it in years, let alone played.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't worry, it's not there for organised events or anything. I just set it up as a chatroom for any RuneScape playing 'tempers to use. It just means you can kick people if you want.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there was a time, a little over 2 years ago, when i made 2-3 mil a day being a merchant. i would buy low and sell high, i would save up stuff while training and sell in world 1. i had a lot of fun. at one point i saved up 10,000 coal and made 100 full sets of myth. it took awhile but i got 1.6 mil that day. when the grand exchange came online the entire economy crashed. users also had a trade limit so it was impossible to sell things for the old prices. fastfoward 2 years, the grand exchange has stabalized and some prices are much higher than they were. full zammy is 4 mil now when at one point asking 1.4m was next to impossible. the ge is nice for when you want to dump things quickly or pick up a rare item. i'm all for free trade again but i think the ge plus/minus should stay and be regulated by what users are trading for on world 1-3.

accounts should be limited by join date, where an account less than 6 months old still has trade restrictions.

-another world

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
People already trade things using junk (such as a ton of noted logs) as leverage (to balance the trade in the eyes of the system) outside of the GE, so for non-daily items (such as trimmed or decorated metal, or rares) the GE price doesn't reflect the actual price people want for it.

It's always been a complaint, so I hope they do something to fix that and have GE prices reflect actual prices closer. They log values of trades to affect those as well, but considering people often trade multiple items for one thing that might not be the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-