Runescape 3 Press Reveal Trailer

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are also changing game mechanics to make it more personalized to each character. The actions you do will reflect how the story unfolds. I guess this will be incorporated into new skill divination

D

Deleted-236924

They have a lot of work to do if they want to make the game into something that can attract more players. For example, there's way too many outdated content (content that has remained the same since 2004, for example), content that doesn't make much sense anymore (It made sense to require the maximum Smithing level in order to smith a Rune platebody back in 2001-2002; it was the best body armour after all, but right now, requiring Lv. 99 to smith a Lv. 50 piece of armour makes no sense at all. Also, pointless skills such as Firemaking, and Runecrafting has the potential to be much more, yet they did very little with it.)

I mean, seriously, why do dwarves still look like this?

They gotta work on these aspects, otherwise people will start playing, thinking that the whole game has gotten an overhaul, then they'll slowly figure out that so many skills make no sense (you should be able to obtain Lv. 50 armour and weapons by having Lv. 50 in its respective production skill IMO.)

It's a thing to make the graphics look better, no doubt. But as long as the gameplay doesn't get a major overhaul (I think they're on the right track with combat, but there is still a lot of work to do), people will not want to get into the game.

i talked to a couple of beta testers who said it's running extremely slow right now, but otherwise is exceptionally pretty.

-another world
I can get a stable-ish 30 FPS by having everything except Shadows to the max.
Enabling dynamic shadows cuts my FPS by ~15, which is a shame since it makes everything look better.
It'll probably come to work better later on, hopefully.

It is also worth mentioning that the music heard in the video in the OP is the kind of music we will get to hear once RS3 is finished.

Reactions: Qtis and Zetta_x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1