OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Rune Factory 4 is in development for the Nintendo 3DS. Famitsu revealed the title and that Neverland returns as the developer.

With Rune Factory 4, Neverland is powering up the love component and adding heartwarming situations for couples. The game’s male protagonist is Les (maybe Lest, I can’t think of anyone with that name?) and the female lead is Frey.

Details are still leaking out, but we should hear a lot more about Rune Factory 4 soon since its slated for release in Japan this year.
arrow.gif
Source

QUOTERune Factory 4 has two protagonists; you can choose Les, a male lead, or Frey who is female. Both appear to have the same origin story, which involves your losing their memory. Les and Frey also have the uncanny ability to communicate with dragons and at the start of the story live life as a temporary prince or princess.

Marvelous developed a system around this where players spend prince or princess points to construct buildings. You can create a blacksmith, ornament building, or pharmacy. Buildings draw in tourists and your character gets a rating depending on how many people show up. "Beginner Prince" is the starting title. While you’re on the field, you can explore Rune Factory 4?s 3D maps and place crops anywhere. You aren’t limited to a grid in this game.

The biggest addition may be the sweetheart system. In past Rune Factory titles you would go from being friends to getting married. In Rune Factory 4 there’s a period in between where your character can be sweethearts with other characters. Yes, plural. It’s possible to date multiple guys or girls. Rune Factory 4 also keeps track of exciting moments while you’re dating. A feature called Doki Doki Zoom (doki doki is the onomatopoeia of a beating heart in Japanese) zooms in on scenes so you can see the facial expressions of the characters. You can take dates on picnics too and if you’re lucky you might get a love confession.

Rune Factory 4 is 50% complete and slated for release in Japan this year on Nintendo 3DS.
arrow.gif
Source

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I dunno why, but I really like the Rune Factory series. I'm looking forward to this one, I hope they give us more details because that little description sounds awesome!
On the other hand, TC, why did you make 2 topics about this?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I just shat myself with excitement.

Seriously. First Tale of Two Towns and now Rune Factory. Damn, my 3DS is looking better all the time. All we need now is...

- F Zero, like GX but with new tracks. You hear me, Nintendo? NEW TRACKS. Not a rehash.
- Metroid. Preferably 2D but I'll work with whatever.
- Castlevania. MUST BE 2D. Sorry, but I don't in all seriousness recall any truly great 3D Castlevanias. And no, Lords of Shadow does not count on grounds of being a bit too 'God of War'.
- Stunt Race FX, Zombies Ate My Neighbours, Jelly Boy, original Starwing, Super Mario series, Super Metroid, Super Castlevania 4 and any decent SNES RPG to hit E-Shop. It'd take you ten minutes to get it done, Ninty, and we'd love you for years for it.
- I know it'll never happen, but Conker's Bad Fur Day released in some form. Highly unlikely as Rare are now Microsoft's bitch (and they suck as a result) but stranger things have happened, I suppose. You know how rare (no pun intended) this game is, in either form? And to find an Xbox game that still works is even rarer.
- Majora's Mask. Duh, obvious suggestion is obvious.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
I just shat myself with excitement.

Seriously. First Tale of Two Towns and now Rune Factory. Damn, my 3DS is looking better all the time. All we need now is...

- F Zero, like GX but with new tracks. You hear me, Nintendo? NEW TRACKS. Not a rehash.
- Metroid. Preferably 2D but I'll work with whatever.
- Castlevania. MUST BE 2D. Sorry, but I don't in all seriousness recall any truly great 3D Castlevanias. And no, Lords of Shadow does not count on grounds of being a bit too 'God of War'.
- Stunt Race FX, Zombies Ate My Neighbours, Jelly Boy, original Starwing, Super Mario series, Super Metroid, Super Castlevania 4 and any decent SNES RPG to hit E-Shop. It'd take you ten minutes to get it done, Ninty, and we'd love you for years for it.
- I know it'll never happen, but Conker's Bad Fur Day released in some form. Highly unlikely as Rare are now Microsoft's bitch (and they suck as a result) but stranger things have happened, I suppose. You know how rare (no pun intended) this game is, in either form? And to find an Xbox game that still works is even rarer.
- Majora's Mask. Duh, obvious suggestion is obvious.
And Gyakuten Saiban 5 and an overseas release of Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Rune Factory 4 pictures
I was hoping for better graphics... maybe it's because this started on the DS, but this looks like a DS game. Also, by looking at the screenshots (particularly, this one) it seems that we're limited to placing up to 4 crops in a "square" but wherever we want inside it; it's hard to explain, better take a look at the screenshot I mentioned.

I think I'll be skipping this one.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MigueelDnd said:
Rune Factory 4 pictures
I was hoping for better graphics... maybe it's because this started on the DS, but this looks like a DS game. Also, by looking at the screenshots (particularly, this one) it seems that we're limited to placing up to 4 crops in a "square" but wherever we want inside it; it's hard to explain, better take a look at the screenshot I mentioned.

Are you shipping it because of graphics? That doesn't sound right if you are.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
MigueelDnd said:
Rune Factory 4 pictures

Seriously, I'm not one for graphics, but the character models for Rune Factory characters are abysmal. In 4 they do look bearable, but they still look pretty bad.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KingVamp said:
MigueelDnd said:
Rune Factory 4 pictures

People skip games for whatever they want. If the graphics are a major letdown for him, then let it be.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
MigueelDnd said:
Rune Factory 4 pictures

The problem is that when I heard about this game I inmediatly set my expectations to high, it seems. I´m still looking forward to formula changes and additions, but the graphics still sem like a lazy effort by Natsume´s part in my opinion.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
My heart skipped a beat when I read the title, but as soon as I read "3DS", my heart sank.

PLEASE, MAKE A DS VERSION I BEG YOU, NEVERLAND!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.