DSMuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow: You have to type in so it will read like this:
C:\documents and settings\Roger Fong> cd \C:\run2
or whatever he tells you to go to. the cd \ you type is a command telling it to change directory.

Hokage: As far as I can tell, there is not difference between the English text and the Japanese; since it's a translation. And they always say the same thing that is written, except sometimes a bit less. The only time I noticed a difference is when talking to Tanya, she says "Goodday love" but one of her dialogue strings doesn't say goodday love and the other does. But any major dialogue other than greetings is the same..

Snooby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSMuse said:
Shadow: You have to type in so it will read like this:
C:\documents and settings\Roger Fong> cd \C:\run2
or whatever he tells you to go to. the cd \ you type is a command telling it to change directory.

Hokage: As far as I can tell, there is not difference between the English text and the Japanese; since it's a translation. And they always say the same thing that is written, except sometimes a bit less. The only time I noticed a difference is when talking to Tanya, she says "Goodday love" but one of her dialogue strings doesn't say goodday love and the other does. But any major dialogue other than greetings is the same..

alright cool thx
biggrin.gif
time to go undub!

Khrone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, the patch worked.

The opening is still in US and not in JAP, but the dub is Jap.

Actually I've noticed that in the (J) version the dubbed dialogues are a lot more than in the (U) version, but applying the patch the previously dubbed dialogues (virtually present in the japanese dub file) doesn't play their respective parts (just as the first introduction of the main character when you start a new game: it's dubbed in the japanese version, but not in the US version and also not in the US version patched), isn't there a way to play those parts too?

DSMuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Khrone said:
Ok, the patch worked.

The opening is still in US and not in JAP, but the dub is Jap.

Actually I've noticed that in the (J) version the dubbed dialogues are a lot more than in the (U) version, but applying the patch the previously dubbed dialogues (virtually present in the japanese dub file) doesn't play their respective parts (just as the first introduction of the main character when you start a new game: it's dubbed in the japanese version, but not in the US version and also not in the US version patched), isn't there a way to play those parts too?

That is interesting. Haha. I'm still fighting with the patch. The CMD line still gives me the same errors and I can't get Nitro to run for me. Ah well, I can wait. (BTW, oddly, I found a version of the game patched undubbed, and it worked once, but then I got the white screen problem someone else mentioned after that, even if I replaced the filed with the old one from my desktop. Very odd.)

I'm not too surprised to hear that though; I'm guessing the thing to trigger sounds is a different DS part then?

DSMuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work! (At least for now.)

But here is where my error was: I assumed that xeldta3.exe was only needed for the patcher. But we need it to install the patch. I feel a little silly, but maybe that should be mentioned in the first post or something.

Anyway thank you so much for this!

Algester

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm i could give this a shot of my own maybe by just using the japanese main game then transferring the text files to it maybe it should work... i just need to get a JP copy and ill give it a shot mm..

EDIT: apparently im getting double white screens on my method

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
CaptainAwesome said:
I'm sorry to bump this, but can someone tell me what EXACTLY to type in the CMD? A picture would be greatly appreciated.
Theres a readme.txt file, all the instructions are there.

CaptainAwesome

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lilaznkilla said:
CaptainAwesome said:
I'm sorry to bump this, but can someone tell me what EXACTLY to type in the CMD? A picture would be greatly appreciated.
Theres a readme.txt file, all the instructions are there.

Evey time I try, I get some sort of error. I used the correction for the first part that I found on page 2, but I think I need the corrections for the rest of the codes.

freehand02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey need help with this patch.
I did everything that is written in the readme.txt and also extracted the rune factory (U) rom to the run2 folder which I also renamed to rune2.nds
here's the problem when I do the step 5, it gives me this message...
xdelta3: file open failed: read: rune2.nds: the system cannot find the file specified.
when I check the folder the rune2.nds is in it....
why is this happening?

I'm not a computer genius but I know a little things about this stuff....

Thanks in advance...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg