I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well, Rune Factory 2 US is out. Like the first one, this come only with english dub.

I manage to swap the Japanese sound_data.sdat in the US rom with Nitro Explorer. This work perfect.
The problem is the intro movie that don't work.

Video files are .vx with codec called Actimagine (VXDS), and the only .vx files are:

- RUNE2A_02.vx
- RUNE2B_02.vx
- rf2_ed_top.vx
- rf2_ed_bottom.vx

The problem is, that the files RUNE2A_02.vx and RUNE2B_02.vx aren't VXDS in the US rom, are MODSN3.
Also exist a file called RUNE2A_02.mods that have 0 bits, this file is new in the US rom.

MODSN3 what codec is it? :S

johnsmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you upload a patch with only the audio swapped? I've been trying to pack a rom with the jp audio sdat file switched over, but for some reason, whenever I pack a rom together (not just this rom, even other files, older ones that work fine) the re-packed rom won't run on NO$GBA or my R4 cart. The unmodified files work fine. Any rom that I unpack and repack though, even if I don't change anything, just whitescreens.

In short, can you upload a patch to swap the sound?

johnsmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean.

In your original post you said you swapped the sound_data.sdat files and it worked perfectly.

Can you upload ****** er, a patch, for us, even though you're having problems with the video?

Posts merged

Ferrariman said:
You are requesting a rom.
Oh right, sorry about that.

Forte Dante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Prince of Codes said:
I like the English voices.

Its better than voices that sound like they are speaking gibberish.

Not when they all sound like they're sitting there reading a script for the first time. I'd prefer to hear gibberish there, at least the gibberish might sound like someone's trying to talk.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I'm not going to bother reading the other posts, the following might work:
Get arm9.bin and the movie files from the (J) rom and replace the arm9.bin from the (J) rom to the (U) also delete the movie files in the (U) rom and place the (J) ones there instead.

Nekoxid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Noitora said:
I'm not going to bother reading the other posts, the following might work:
Get arm9.bin and the movie files from the (J) rom and replace the arm9.bin from the (J) rom to the (U) also delete the movie files in the (U) rom and place the (J) ones there instead.

Well this might work, but the problem is that after repacking the rom (with DSbuff/DSlazy), it won't work anymore (the game hangs white screen on the DS - also NO$GBA gave the "rom has crashed" message). So far the Nitro Explorer method works (for changing the sound file), however it seems that it cannot replace the arm9 in it (but correct me if I'm wrong).

Also. I have a question: what are the (file) differences between the 1893 and the 2528 rom (the two jp version of RF2)?

johnsmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just get the same problems as always, any rom I repack doesn't boot on anything. I don't understand what is wrong. I posted about this problem in a new thread, if you have some advice, please feel free to help me out over there!

In other news, the patch works! Thanks again, TyRaNtM!

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
johnsmith said:
I just get the same problems as always, any rom I repack doesn't boot on anything. I don't understand what is wrong. I posted about this problem in a new thread, if you have some advice, please feel free to help me out over there!

In other news, the patch works! Thanks again, TyRaNtM!
The logical assumption is that my way of undubbing it doesn't work.

johnsmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if I don't change anything, don't try to undub anything, the repacked rom fails to load.

If I take a rom that works perfectly, unpack it, repack it with no changes, it doesn't load.

This is off topic though. If you're interested in helping me out, which would be great, please include it in the thread about this issue.

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
johnsmith said:
Even if I don't change anything, don't try to undub anything, the repacked rom fails to load.

If I take a rom that works perfectly, unpack it, repack it with no changes, it doesn't load.

This is off topic though. If you're interested in helping me out, which would be great, please include it in the thread about this issue.
There's nothing I can help with, if you really need help I posted something rather useful in the other thread you created.

gbands

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the patch TyRaNtM, it's an ear saver
tongue.gif
Atleast Alicia and Barett are more tolerable to talk to now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: