[rumour] No Wai: Grand Theft Auto Wii Incoming?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A rather questionable report from Germany-based Games Blog posted a number of images showing Rockstar Games supposedly testing a working Grand Theft Auto game for the Wii. The tester in the photos was using the Wii to fight, drive, shoot, and even bowl.

My excitement at the news was only drowned out by the hundreds of owls that suddenly flew into the office all hooting "O RLY?" Darn pesky owls.

Games Blog claimed that they got the pictures from a photo directory in Rockstar's own website. Don't bother looking for it - it's not there anymore. They supposedly stumbled upon the directory while looking for pictures of GTA: Chinatown Wars. I'd like to believe that they're authentic, but the owls are threatening to peck my eyes out if I do. They're very scary.

Assuming - for the sake of argument - they are the genuine article, one only has to wonder why Rockstar Games kept it under wraps this far into development, when they capitalized on GTA4's development way, way before it was released. Perhaps it's a test game for the Wii? It's a nice thought. Highly unlikely, but you can dream.

You can view all the photos after the source link, and you can judge for yourselves.

News Source + Pictures: Games Blog

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Eventually.. yes, I think they'll release one.. I mean.. why wouldn't they bring one of the best selling franchises to the best selling console!?

But, those pictures yell fake to me.. it looks too much like GTA4 and there is too many pictures! Have you ever seen a secret project leak with so many pictures? It's usually 1 or 2 blurry things..

Well, Rockstar usually comments quickly on rumors.. let's wait!

EDIT: lol.. yep.. confirmed fake
tongue.gif

http://www.destructoid.com/if-you-re-looki...it-118869.phtml

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im thinking its GTA4 for 360, but notice in one of the pics, the bottom electrical plug is gray (360 maybe)
Also there were no good shots of the Wii mote, but wouldnt the blue square be brighter and show up on camera... (suspicious)

I think they'll be a GTA for Wii... just not this one, but I could be wrong

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
i would like to say its real, and i looked at the console and everything seems to be plugged in, green light on the wii. But wheres the motion sensor in any of their pics? I see a gray wire thinking its that, but if its on the floor, how could it read his movements? Hes way to far up for it to accurately read the wiimotes.

B

ball2012003

i dont see who would want to play gta with motion like that
the wii controller is a crappy way to play gta
totally fake

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Omg lol, this was GoNintendo's "Stupidity of the Day"

"Would pictures like this really be enough to convince someone that Grand Theft Auto is coming to the Wii? The gang Games Blog has posted a ton of these pictures, claiming they came from Rockstar themselves. Well…this fake story and collection of a hap-hazard screens is enough to convince me!"

Source

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have changed the title, so it's not misleading, and also, I'll close the thread, if someone wants it reopened, feel free to PM me with reason, and it will be taken into consideration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw