After being leaked, Rockstar has officially confirmed Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition

gta.png

It took a few leaks and some waiting, but Rockstar has finally confirmed the existence of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition. Headed to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and even Nintendo Switch, the Definitive Edition will contain the three PlayStation 2-era Grand Theft Auto games and is set for launch later this year. There will also be a release on mobile platforms, scheduled for 2022. Rockstar claims that the remaster offers "across-the-board upgrades", with better graphics and some modernization to the gameplay.

It was also announced that the current versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas will all be delisted a week from today, so if you want to own those digital versions for preservation, the time to buy them is now.

:arrow: Source

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reported.
Honestly, as if driving in that game wasn't a challenge enough at times, throw in driving on the wrong fucking side of the road!!!

It's like they saw a barrel of monkies and said watch this and handed them matches and a large barrel of gas...

I hope if nothing else for these 3 games that they fix the driving AI to stop almost *always* making a right hand turn at every goddamn intersection. The number of times I've T-boned cars on a bike while passing on the right... lol

Are there not mods to restore the full OSTs? I'd assume this re-release might generate enough interest to create one if not.
Yeah there are mods to restore the full OSTs, I'm pretty sure it "techinically" required owning the original versions that had them. As much as I look forward to seeing something hopefully good come of these, not having all the mods I'm used to isn't great.

Reactions: Xzi

smashbro596

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my biggest question is...
how's the radio? are rockstar going to pony up the cash needed to keep its liscenses? or will the radios be completely neutered in these rereleases?
and, AND... how modder friendly will the pc version be?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i wonder if we will get a physical release for any console, or if it will be digital only for all consoles.

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah a new game to download. (notice how i said download, not buy)
Re3 and ReVC will probably be better anyways.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They don't have any more plateforms to re re re release GTA V so they are now doing the same with their older games, and people still buy them B-)
Still no GTA VI, they are busy to release GTA III :ph34r:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte