shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its not a bad idea even it were to happen. This would make it a partial handheld console and unless the wii 2 (real one) has got ps3/xbox3 graphics, its not likely tht blueray will be needed but i dont think there is enough space on a dvd these days (dvd9s are not worth it)

but if i know nintendo, it will do something even bigger than this. They said they dont want to show off their ideas before the actual show.

Maybe the projector will display in 3d (without glasses) and tht would be amazing

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People forgetting the tech of Knect is a licensed tech. Originally offered to Nintendo first. However for the Wii it would of needed an extra processor inside it. Making the thing too expensive for Nintendo to mark it cheaply. Indeed Microsoft removed the extra processor from it. Has the 360 doesn't need it to run lower graphic games.

Also when they made the slim the chip-on-chip they used gave the 360 faster processor speeds. Because of how the 360 games work, the fast speed would aloud the games to work the same during mulitplayer but with data loading possibly better from the internet. So microsoft decided to turn on a limiter for online games as well. Anyways the limiter is either turn off or turned down while playing certain Knect games but not with non-knect games or when knect not being used.

Anyways with a proper cpu I can see nintendo either licensing the tech or using their own in house controller-less for their next home console. If the project idea is true, it be mostly for a link future to the 3ds to allow 3ds games to be played on the TV w/o the need for a second TV.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendo might release some news on a new gaming system, probably the successor of Wii. The rumor on the other hand can't be taken seriously at the current time and age when the things mentioned are already implemented in other consoles (and have sold quite well considering).

-Qtis

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Opium said:
This just in. Rumor has it tweakers.net is full of crap.
Ah yes, now, why are we pulling tweakers.net into this? Oh wait, they just quoted another website that posted the rumour. How could I possibly forget that tweakers.net is to be blamed?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Announce is spelled wrong... Just saying. A Wii with a built in Blu-ray disc drive? Built in projector? I also heard it projects images in 3D, so holograms? O_O

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dead End said:
BR Drives would combat Piracy due to game size..
nintendo will never use a brd in their console cos it's sonys plus if i remember you have to pay a fee to get certain rights to play brd on it or something like that.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blu-Ray would be sweet, I would probably but the next nintendo console if it had a BR drive lol, I need another BR player for my room
biggrin.gif

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
NO WAY.

Nintendo is not so stupid that they would scam their comsumers into buying a other console that's an upgrade of the previous one. Remember the N64 DD or whatever. It was complete shit. Just a desperate attempt to get PS1 fans. Nintendo only has been successful in making their handhelds (NDS, GB, GBC, GBA, etc.) over and over again. This Wii-2 crap is definitely fake.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
This is most likely fake. The original article popped up in a website that was set up 1 week prior to it writing an article on the Wii 2. Make what you want out of that.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
AlanJohn said:
...Nintendo is 2 genarations away in hardware specs though
actually they choose deliberately not to use the latest tech for a reason to cut down costs they also know simply adding a faster cpu/gpu doesn't make a console fun most true gamers know this
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up